Sports Identity Showdown I

ShinyHubCaps

Here's the rundown:

ONES I HAVE NOT RECEIVED

33hooligan, aci, beansdooma, Ben5, bigdub81, bigmike, brandon_odis, Brauny1280, burgundyskins, chestnutz6, chrisCLEMENT, ColaCock, Crash, davidson, dcameronh, deezy, DelayedPenalty, Drew22, Evan, fkaKrock5cent, Frenchie, gingerbreadmann, GoNordiques, Gordie, kphealey, leggman01, lich0037, lopernv, maz, Mburmy, Perfect Zero, phlash, raysox, Shmee, Shumway, sigma716, spearhead, StatikGS, StuckeyDuck, Swampee, TC, The Barrish, the49erfan15, theflakeband, TheMasterBrendino1, TurnTwo419, Twins8791, udubs03, vicfurth

I'm still in... just finally decided what template I'll use.

I have 3 or 4 suitable templates I can send you if you want to share them.

Concept is all reay in my head, but I'm really afraid a lot will be "Lost in translation"...

That's often my problem, I can visualize great ideas, but can't really put them on paper/pixels.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to announce the name of the NAKA team in Hackensack, New Jersey is the Hackensack Sigma Stars. The name honors the city's own Wally Schirra, one of the Original Seven Mercury Astronauts. His Mercury spacecraft was Sigma 7, and the Stars comes from space having stars.

6fQjS3M.png

Just making it known that my name has been changed from StatikGS to JNutini. Just so there's no confusion when the unveiling happens.

Name changed to TC as well. By the way, your avatar is really creeping me out, what/who is that? Maybe if I knew it wouldn't give me nightmares.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Just making it known that my name has been changed from StatikGS to JNutini. Just so there's no confusion when the unveiling happens.

Name changed to TC as well. By the way, your avatar is really creeping me out, what/who is that? Maybe if I knew it wouldn't give me nightmares.

Its the Minister of Silly Walks from Monty Python.

TDZiMMB.png

I still need a name for my team, so I need more suggestions and I would like it not to do with space since my team is in Birmingham and not Huntsville.

"The astonishing pace of Birmingham's growth through the turn of the century earned it the nicknames "The Magic City" and "The Pittsburgh of the South". Much like Pittsburgh in the north, Birmingham's major industries centered around iron and steel production."-Wikipedia

Maybe you could base your name off of the magic city nickname or the iron/steel industry...HotHeads or HardHats maybe

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

I still need a name for my team, so I need more suggestions and I would like it not to do with space since my team is in Birmingham and not Huntsville.

"The astonishing pace of Birmingham's growth through the turn of the century earned it the nicknames "The Magic City" and "The Pittsburgh of the South". Much like Pittsburgh in the north, Birmingham's major industries centered around iron and steel production."-Wikipedia

Maybe you could base your name off of the magic city nickname or the iron/steel industry...HotHeads or HardHats maybe

OOH... Iron Magicians!

TDZiMMB.png

Bird Dogs?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Bird Dogs?

I dont know, I guess I could go with Yellow Hammers.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Why do you need us to think of a name for you? It's supposed to be your idea, and a surprise when they all come out.

Why do you need us to think of a name for you? It's supposed to be your idea, and a surprise when they all come out.

I was asking for any suggestions, some other people have already but I just decided on a name anyway

"The Magic City" is already Miami's nickname FYI. They should have checked first before they came up with that one.

Great Avatar

:cursing: :cursing: Sig Pic

Thanks for contibuting my man!

Anyway, does anyone have some place or some one I can bounce ideas off of because I'm kinda stuck on my logo and could use some help but (for obvious reasons) dont want to. I'm thinking of just asking some members from CCSLC and I'm wondering if thats "legal".

OOH... Iron Magicians!

Thats actually preety good ha I dont know, I will go with that or Yellow Hammers but not sure yet

I'm not too happy with my design, i had alot of ideas that i just couldnt pull off, so instead of submitting it, i may just post it and withdraw from the actual competition.

I think that participating is more important than "winning," so even if you don't have an A+ concept as far as visuals, I would still like it to be a part of the competition so that we can show off a wider range of ideas. Believe me, I have major difficulties translating ideas to graphics, but I still put my ideas out there in hopes of getting criticism and making them better.

I'm still in... just finally decided what template I'll use.

I have 3 or 4 suitable templates I can send you if you want to share them.

Concept is all reay in my head, but I'm really afraid a lot will be "Lost in translation"...

That's often my problem, I can visualize great ideas, but can't really put them on paper/pixels.

I could take those templates. I think a deterrent for some people from finishing their concepts quickly is that there aren't any existing templates. (There actually are on pages 7 and 8 of this thread, but I would love to see yours nonetheless.)

Like TC, The Barrish, and I think a couple of others, I have kept track of all name changes in my Excel file. Thank you for following up on it, though.

Anyway, does anyone have some place or some one I can bounce ideas off of because I'm kinda stuck on my logo and could use some help but (for obvious reasons) dont want to. I'm thinking of just asking some members from CCSLC and I'm wondering if thats "legal".

I didn't want any concepts posted in this thread, and preferrably none in other places on the board. If you wanted to PM someone and ask for thoughts or something, you could do that. If I may make a suggestion, you should ask a.) someone who isn't in the contest or b.) someone who has already made their concept. I doubt that people would be so sneaky so as to give you bad advice. I can PM you the name of a contestant who did an exceptional job on a logo if you'd like.

the Trenton team name is the Jersey Generals, and the colors are (gasp) Navy, Red and White.

I have a uniform idea but i'm not sure what i'll have done by the deadline. :/

There is a template on page 7 or 8 if that would help you finish in time. The deadline is Jan. 6, so there's no major rush. Other templates could also be forthcoming.

Archived