Sports Identity Showdown I

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine was sent yesterday (by email).

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I'm going to have to pull out of this competition. My computer has a virus on it, and I can't save things. Even if I could though, I wouldn't want to send it on through an e-mail or anything like that.

Sorry to lose you. If you can circumvent the saving thing, you could post the file on Photobucket and I could snag it from there. Otherwise, my condolences about the computer virus. I've been there. :(

I now have concepts from davidson, rmered, TalktoChuck, sizemorematters, Billy B, Twins8791, Firefly, penguin20, fishheatcats, JNutini, elliott, aci, scottysprings, TC, and raysox.

I have one pending concept from sigma716.

Mine might be a little delayed. Things got real hectic around the house (my moms recovering from surpize surgery) so I've had to do alot more around the house. I might start again tommrow or Christmas day.

I tried to build in a window of time in case other priorities occurred. I can tell you that your family is more important than the contest, but hopefully you'll be able to put something together by the deadline. Hope your mom feels well soon.

I just received burgundyskins's submission, and I believe I'm up to date. Hopefully more submissions will trickle in post-Christmas.

I just sent reminders to all contestants who have not yet submitted theirs... forgive me for my persistence. Everyone should have received a message with the exception of phish, who reserved Anchorage, AK. He has one post and cannot receive personal messages as a "previewing" member.

So phish, if you are out there, this is just a reminder that I will be accepting submissions from now through January 6th, 2009.

Everyone else, feel free to e-mail me or PM me your status updates. If not, then just take it as a friendly reminder.

Thank you, and I hope you have all had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or whichever holiday you fancy (or none, if you'd prefer).

Will all of the concepts be up by the 6th? I really am excited to see everyone's work! :rolleyes:

I have many reservations still on the table, and most of them hope to have it by the 6th. If all goes according to plan, it will be that date, but if not, it will certainly be that week. (I want it to be a hard deadline, but this is my first contest that I've run, so I could be lax if it means more quality submissions... don't spread that around, though.)

I also had an idea for the divisions, which will serve practical purposes as far as voting is concerned. Hopefully I will be able to get those up by vote time as well. I have an idea for division logos, so we'll see how it goes.

Will all of the concepts be up by the 6th? I really am excited to see everyone's work! :rolleyes:

I have many reservations still on the table, and most of them hope to have it by the 6th. If all goes according to plan, it will be that date, but if not, it will certainly be that week. (I want it to be a hard deadline, but this is my first contest that I've run, so I could be lax if it means more quality submissions... don't spread that around, though.)

I also had an idea for the divisions, which will serve practical purposes as far as voting is concerned. Hopefully I will be able to get those up by vote time as well. I have an idea for division logos, so we'll see how it goes.

How will devisions be set up? Will it be like a play-off bracket? (A playoff is better IMHO)

I don't think I will be able to do it. I have procrastinated on this and my homework over the break. Frankly, my homework is much more important than this. Sorry to do this, but it has to be done.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I don't think I will be able to do it. I have procrastinated on this and my homework over the break. Frankly, my homework is much more important than this. Sorry to do this, but it has to be done.

You really need to rethink your priorities, man. :P

I agree with GBM. Homework, on the whole, is important, but individual assignments can be missed.

You'll see when you get into college. :P

How will devisions be set up? Will it be like a play-off bracket? (A playoff is better IMHO)

I had posted this earlier. I am currently in the process of revising it, especially as we get closer to the deadline and submissions trickle in toward an exact number.

The original idea was to have one division and one round of voting. I saw from the NHA redesign that people lose interest in multiple voting rounds, but then again, if we have as many people submit concepts as those who called markets, then a lot of good concepts will get lost in the shuffle.

Still, I do not want to call this now because anything can happen. If the submission period rolls around and I only have 5 submissions, the dynamic is a bit different than if all 53 (?) people made submissions. So, I have devised the following general guidelines:

[*]If 20 or fewer concepts are received, there will be one round of "Top 3" voting.

[*]If 21-30 concepts are received, there will be two divisions of "Top 3" voting and an either-or final with the two division winners (one vote per member for one finalist or the other).

[*]If 31-40 concepts are received, there will be three divisions of "Top 3" voting, and each division winner will be placed into a final where the top 3 are all ranked, similar to the initial "Top 3" scoring.

[*]If 41 or more concepts are received, there will be four divisions of "Top 3" voting, and each division winner will be placed into a final where all division winners are ranked by points ("Top 4" scoring).

Of course, Top 3 scoring refers to a system of 3 finishes (1st place vote = 3 points, 2nd place vote = 2 points, 3rd place vote = 1 point). Top 4 voting works exactly the same way, and the 4th place vote will equal zero points, so only the top three of each voter receives points.

So far, I have received 22 submissions with a current total of 38 if you include those who are still expecting to submit theirs. Another 14 have never responded as to their updated progress, so as you can see, there is still a wide range, on which the exact voting procedure depends. I would still count on their being 2 rounds.

Archived