Sports Identity Showdown I

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may send out another reminder tomorrow for those who I have not heard back one way or the other.

As of now, I have submissions from the following people:

davidson

DelayedPenalty

rmered

TalktoChuck

burgundyskins

kphealey

sizemorematters

Billy B

vicfurth

Twins8791

Firefly

GoNordiques

penguin20

sigma716

33hooligan

fishheatcats

JNutini

elliott

aci

scottysprings

TC

raysox

I am missing submissions from the following people who have replied back:

Ben5

bigmike

chrisCLEMENT

ColaCock

Crash

fkaKrock5cent

Frenchie

gingerbreadmann

Gordie

maz

Shumway

StuckeyDuck

the49erfan15

TurnTwo

dcameronh

lich0037

I have not heard back from the following people:

beansdooma

bigdub81

Brauny1280

chestnutz6

chickenfish13

deezy

Drew22

Evan

Klydefrog

leggman01

lopernv

Mburmy

Perfect Zero

phlash

Shmee

spearhead

Swampee

The Barrish

theflakeband

TheMasterBrendino1

udubs03

I have exceptions for the following people, mostly those who did reply back and have been put on hiatus:

brandon_odis

Brauny1280

chestnutz6

chickenfish13

deezy

Drew22

Evan

Klydefrog

leggman01

lopernv

Mburmy

Perfect Zero

phlash

Shmee

spearhead

Swampee

Right now we are looking at 2 rounds of voting. The first looks to be 3 divisions, and the winners of each division go to the final round.

Please look through the lists to find that you are correctly sorted as to whether or not you have made your submission. Ignore the order on the first two boxes; the first is sorted by team name, and the second is sorted weird because I have notes next to some of the names, and that was the column that I had sorted on Excel.

I may send out another reminder tomorrow for those who I have not heard back one way or the other.

I am missing submissions from the following people who have replied back:

Frenchie

Right now we are looking at 2 rounds of voting. The first looks to be 3 divisions, and the winners of each division go to the final round.

Please look through the lists to find that you are correctly sorted as to whether or not you have made your submission. Ignore the order on the first two boxes; the first is sorted by team name, and the second is sorted weird because I have notes next to some of the names, and that was the column that I had sorted on Excel.

I'm sill IN... and am almost done...

QUESTION:

If the name I picked is somewhat quirky/unusual/humouristic, do I have the opportunity to give my briefing/reasoning? or do I just cross my fingers and hope people understand the humour (and don't think I can't spell in my own mother tongue)?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

submitted!

will we be able to add an explanation for the uniforms during the voting? because i'd like to elaborate a bit on mine when they go up

I second that, most people outside of Rhode Island probably won't get mine.

If the name I picked is somewhat quirky/unusual/humouristic, do I have the opportunity to give my briefing/reasoning? or do I just cross my fingers and hope people understand the humour (and don't think I can't spell in my own mother tongue)?

For those of you who have submitted, if you feel that your name needs explanation, I would prefer to have that on the file itself. So if you would like to write a disclaimer at the bottom of the image and re-send it, I will be able to re-apply that.

The same goes for Frenchie in explaining the potential humor of the name. If you feel it is necessary, you can write a disclaimer. I am going to, as best as I can, post all files as they are. That means that if you leave a little bit of text on the image, I will try to leave it on.

Personally, I understood JNutini's team name without a disclaimer, but then there are others where the disclaimer may help. Fishheatcats had one named after an animal that I had never heard of, but while I could figure out that it was a regional animal, the disclaimer gave it a nice frame of reference.

So in conclusion, if you are counting on having some floor time to explain it, don't. Put it on the image if it is necessary to understanding the concept.

I'm not sure why you think I'm in this competition exactly. I withdrew my name right after I put it in pretty clearly I thought, but I might be wrong. Sorry for the confusion, but I'm NOT going to submit anything.

The reason I didn't see it is because it was on page 4, and you edited your old post. Once I see a post, I make notes on it and then leave it.

So no, your intent was not clear. I thought you were still in this contest because you haven't replied to my PM or several more listings of participants, but rather, decided to edit your post in a way that I couldn't even tell it was edited and it would never have been brought to my attention. No need to sound defensive; it was just a mistake, and I'm sorry that I can't monitor every post that I've already passed.

I just sent in an updated version of mine. I made a couple tweaks. Let me know if you don't get it. I can't wait to see everybody's work.

I did get it and I wrote it over the old file... what was different?

I will send out reminders tomorrow to those who are out of the loop. For those who have replied and said that yours is pending, then, well, this is your reminder, :P

Shiny, I wasn't trying to be defensive at all, my bad. I know the post sounded rude but I couldn't type much, seeing as I posted it on a phone. Completely my bad man, I was just letting you know I wasn't going to enter anything. Sorry it took so long, I've been on vacation for quite a while. No hard feelings.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

That's OK, chestnutz. If you do want to enter anything, there's still time. :grin: I'll take you off my list, though, for sure.

The commissioner has some news for the entrants, as well. There will be three divisions sorted geographically, but not named as such. The voting will be conducted within those three divisions. That is, there will be three separate divisions for first-round balloting, and the division winners will be placed into the final vote.

The divisions are as follows:

Eastern Division = Triple Play Division

Central Division = Grand Slam Division

Western Division = High Heat Division

These are the logo banners that will be used. I will need to get the final amount of entrants before I assign each to their respective divisions as I do not know precisely where the lines will be drawn.

TriplePlayDivision.png

GrandSlamDivision.png

HighHeatDivision.png

In other news, we have 26 submissions that are ready to go. If any of you needs to put a disclaimer to explain your concept, please place it on the image and re-send it.

Also, due to the number of pending submissions, the deadline has been extended to Friday, January 9th. As of the 10th, applicants will be up and ready for voting. If you planned on getting it in by the 6th, please continue in that fashion. The 9th is there just if you absolutely need it. A reminder will likely be sent out Tuesday to remind those who have not submitted of the new dates. Hopefully people will submit theirs by Monday or Tuesday regardless.

I just tallied up the ones I have and there are currently 10 Triple Play, 8 Grand Slam, and 8 High Heat. As it stands sizemorematters, you are in the Triple Play division along with our entrants from NY, NJ, NH, QC, NL, and FL.

I like those divisional logos/banners. The guy facing the direction of the geographical region is creative, and a nice touch.

Thanks for noticing. That's also part for my edification so I can remember which is which. :)

Wow this kind of sucks for the people who submitted within the time-frame.

agreed, its been like three weeks and the deadlines been the same. why extend it on the last day?

its not like people have been caught out by this.

Archived