Sports Identity Showdown I

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow this kind of sucks for the people who submitted within the time-frame.

Kind of sucks, sure, but there's no harm...

I'm sure that anyone who submitted early, can make use of the extension should they feel they can benefit from it...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Wow this kind of sucks for the people who submitted within the time-frame.

agreed, its been like three weeks and the deadlines been the same. why extend it on the last day?

its not like people have been caught out by this.

Technically, we're all still within the timeframe. Just because you submitted doesn't mean you can't re-work it and submit again if needed.

Beyond that, I certainly appreciate the effort to finish on time. The fact that many of you finished weeks early, I especially appreciate that, but an extension of a couple days shouldn't really affect anyone except for those who need it.

Having said that, I received some requests because of hectic holidays and household problems, and I would rather support a full range of concepts in a timely manner than fewer concepts or rushed concepts in a tighter frame. Chances are with my schedule, the voting rounds would be at least a day late anyway.

As for those who are anxiously awaiting the voting rounds, I should be able to use the extension and polish things up on my end to make things run more smoothly.

Sorry, but I cannot finish my entry. Its all a combo of A. Too busy, B. Too Lazy, or C. cant think of jack for a name and logo. I really wish I couldve entered a concept and repped the Steel City and paint users alike well in this competition, but alas, it wasnt to be.

oBIgzrL.png

Sorry, but I cannot finish my entry. Its all a combo of A. Too busy, B. Too Lazy, or C. cant think of jack for a name and logo. I really wish I couldve entered a concept and repped the Steel City and paint users alike well in this competition, but alas, it wasnt to be.

I thought there were some interesting ones on page 11, and there was another but I forget what it was... something about a type of sandwich.

Anyway, it's a shame to see you drop out. Voting will be up on Saturday, so if you can throw something together by then, go for it. I won't expect it, though.

I would also like to confirm having received submissions from Ben5, bigdub81, and lich0037. Some of these competitors are saving the best for last, I see. :)

I thought there were some interesting ones on page 11, and there was another but I forget what it was... something about a type of sandwich.

Anyway, it's a shame to see you drop out. Voting will be up on Saturday, so if you can throw something together by then, go for it. I won't expect it, though.

I would also like to confirm having received submissions from Ben5, bigdub81, and lich0037. Some of these competitors are saving the best for last, I see. :)

Did you receive my entry? It was sent 11:56 PM on Sunday night.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Did you receive my entry? It was sent 11:56 PM on Sunday night.

Sorry, I haven't been updating my list regularly. I did receive yours: Mesquite Clowns, currently in the Grand Slam division.

Here are my checklists. As we prepare for the voting rounds, you may find your name in the appropriate division. That way, you can anticipate finding your concept easier, know which ones you can and cannot vote for (cannot vote within your own division), and size up the competition.

TRIPLE PLAY DIVISION (12) *Note: at this point, Frenchie or bigdub81 may move over to the Grand Slam Division to make things more even.

beansdooma, bigdub81, Evan, fishheatcats, Frenchie, JNutini, raysox, scottysprings, sigma716, sizemorematters, the49erfan15, and Twins8791

GRAND SLAM DIVISION (10)

aci, Billy B, burgundyskins, DelayedPenalty, GoNordiques, lich0037, rmered, TC, TurnTwo, and vicfurth

HIGH HEAT DIVISION (10)

33hooligan, Ben5, davidson, dcameronh, elliott, Firefly, kphealey, penguin20, Shumway, and TalktoChuck

I have also sent a reminder to the following people:

Brauny1280, deezy, Mburmy, phlash, Shmee, spearhead, The Barrish, theflakeband, and udubs03

And I sincerely hope to see concepts from the following people who have contacted me telling their hopes for submissions. I expect at least a few of these by tomorrow, and hopefully the rest will be on Friday:

bigmike, chrisCLEMENT, ColaCock, Crash, gingerbreadmann, Gordie, StuckeyDuck, TheMasterBrendino1, and fkaKrock5cent

I would like to announce the name of the NAKA team in Hackensack, New Jersey is the Hackensack Sigma Stars. The name honors the city's own Wally Schirra, one of the Original Seven Mercury Astronauts. His Mercury spacecraft was Sigma 7, and the Stars comes from space having stars.

You know where the Sigma came from, don't you?

Wally was in the Sigma Pi Fraternity.

From Wikipedia: Schirra graduated from Dwight Morrow High School in Englewood, New Jersey and attended the New Jersey Institute of Technology in 1941, where he was a member of Sigma Pi Fraternity. He later finished schooling with the navy and received a Bachelor of Science in aeronautical engineering.

But is says on his website:

"I named my spacecraft Sigma Seven. Sigma "Σ", a Greek symbol for the sum of the elements of an equations, stands for engineering excellence. That was my goal - engineering excellence. I would not settle for less."

Coincidence? I think not. :D OK, end of the history lesson.

Shiny, I was just wondering when, tomorrow, I can l look for these. I'm not trying to be an annoying d-bag, or anything, I'm just looking forward to these a lot, and if you told me that you would have these up by, oh let's say 4 o'clock ET, then I would have something to look forward during that terrible friday 7th period :lol: Not pressuring you or anything, and you don't have to tell me, but just curious. Even if they are up on Saturday I will still be excited!

Oh, and if I haven't said it already, thanks for being the commissioner, I'm sure I speak for my fellow contestants when I say that. :grin:

Update:

Albuquerque has been added to the High Heat division (theflakeband)

Quebec has been added to the Triple Play division (there's another team in Quebec, so there are actually two in that division) (this is TheMasterBrendino1)

New Orleans has been transferred from the Triple Play division to the Grand Slam division (bigdub81)

Shiny, I was just wondering when, tomorrow, I can l look for these. I'm not trying to be an annoying d-bag, or anything, I'm just looking forward to these a lot, and if you told me that you would have these up by, oh let's say 4 o'clock ET, then I would have something to look forward during that terrible friday 7th period :lol: Not pressuring you or anything, and you don't have to tell me, but just curious. Even if they are up on Saturday I will still be excited!

Oh, and if I haven't said it already, thanks for being the commissioner, I'm sure I speak for my fellow contestants when I say that. :grin:

Thanks for the recognition. I've been pretty pleased with the support of the community on my first go as commissioner.

I cannot say a specific time for posting, unfortunately. If I were to pin something down, it would be about 10:00 AM my time on Saturday. I may stay up late Friday and post it just when the clock strikes midnight, but at any rate, it should be after your class. I have work tomorrow all day until evening, wherein I will attempt to go to the Bucks game (Richard Jefferson bobblehead night) and won't get back until late.

But CERTAINLY Saturday by noon, at the latest. I am also tired of the wait.

Archived