Sports Identity Showdown I

ShinyHubCaps

By the way, FHC, I love your sig. The Brewers owe you guys one after staving off the Mets.

Off topic a bit but thanks lol. I took that picture myself from the left field line seats at the last game. That was an adventure, 2 Marlins fans in a sea of 50,000 disappointed Mets fans. It was an awkward trip back to the hotel on the subway lol.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn I feel good to rep for my city. This should be fun I'm looking forward to it and I've already got most of my work done! This would be tight if it were real!

I would definitely love to play real-life kickball again. Probably more fun than being the commissioner, but either way, I agree. It would be tight if it were real. Feel like fielding a team and starting up a league for real? Anyone?

Just another pie-in-the-sky dream of mine...

In other news, I've updated the list and will be accepting submissions by Wednesday. I should have up a sample template if anyone wants to take a gander at it... it will probably be either late tonight or late tomorrow. I work pretty much the entire time in between.

Oh, and thank you moderators for pinning this topic. I hope everyone can find it.

For those of you who have started, would it be possible to post a template? I thought it might be helpful for users who do not have a template ready because it's just one more thing to have. I had made a layout, but I cannot really get a clean uniform template at the moment.

And remember all of the elements:

primary logo, secondary logo, wordmark, official kickball, and two uniforms ("primary" and "clash," for example; not necessarily "home" and "away")

Additional elements may be insets, disclaimers about your team's identity, and color palates.

So if anyone has a template they can post... a raster one should be fine for most, but I recall someone was making an action template as well, which is probably native vector. So if someone could post whatever template they will use, that would be great.

For those of you who have started, would it be possible to post a template? I thought it might be helpful for users who do not have a template ready because it's just one more thing to have. I had made a layout, but I cannot really get a clean uniform template at the moment.

And remember all of the elements:

primary logo, secondary logo, wordmark, official kickball, and two uniforms ("primary" and "clash," for example; not necessarily "home" and "away")

Additional elements may be insets, disclaimers about your team's identity, and color palates.

So if anyone has a template they can post... a raster one should be fine for most, but I recall someone was making an action template as well, which is probably native vector. So if someone could post whatever template they will use, that would be great.

Anybody got a template for paint? I am trying to combine roger clemente's baseball jersey with his basketball shorts but it doesn't look all that appealing.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

I have what I think is a pretty solid template. I can make it available for vector users and I can try to convert it for paint. I know to save as png, but any other tips for a good paint compatible template?

I'm pretty sure you have to go into paint and make it paint compatible by hand. As for concept progress, I'm almost done with my scripts.

Here's the template i used. I went with a short sleeve shirt (Cole DMD's soccer shirt) and shorts. I put the addidas logo on both the shirt and shorts. It's nothing special, but gets the job done.

Do you have that template available in vector?

Is it too late to sign up, I mean I noticed the first page said last day of sign up is December 17th, but I also noticed you said that you may end the sign ups do to 50 markets being taken

If I can, I would like a team in Tuscaloosa,Birmingham, or Huntsville (If I am allowed to join I can decide).

I will wait till its said I can be in or not to post everything else.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I have what I think is a pretty solid template. I can make it available for vector users and I can try to convert it for paint. I know to save as png, but any other tips for a good paint compatible template?

Put it into Photoshop and do threshold so there are only two colors, black and white, and if you use gray I think you can do Posterize and make sure there are only 3 colors and fix the rest by hand, but this principle has helped me immensely. Yay threshold!

Archived