Sports Identity Showdown I

ShinyHubCaps

Okay, so in the first post it says that the game ball has to be included with the logos. I don't know about everyone else, but I think it fits better with the uniforms. So, could we include the ball with the uniforms if we wanted, or does it have to be a part of the logo package? Or am I just taking this way too seriously?

I'm sure if you put it with the uniforms it'll be fine. He wants everything on the same .png file so I doubt order will be that important.

That's what I figure, but I just want the official word.

Okay, so in the first post it says that the game ball has to be included with the logos. I don't know about everyone else, but I think it fits better with the uniforms. So, could we include the ball with the uniforms if we wanted, or does it have to be a part of the logo package? Or am I just taking this way too seriously?

I'm sure if you put it with the uniforms it'll be fine. He wants everything on the same .png file so I doubt order will be that important.

Speaking of the kickball, will thier be a template for it? and for paint (I guess thats a dumb question but just wanted to make sure)

It's just a circle. I added some texture close-ups, but that's easily done aswell, even in paint.

Yeah I guess

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of the kickball, will thier be a template for it? and for paint (I guess thats a dumb question but just wanted to make sure)

Um, make a circle?

Um, make a circle?

Yeah I got it now, I just meant about the textures and everything

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

If you're willing to break the population rules for a territorial capital, I'd like to call Whitehorse, Yukon.

If you're unwilling to break that, I'd like to be really difficult and request Bermuda or Nassau, Bahamas.

If none of the above work, I call Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. :D

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Yeah, I am definitely going with Youngstown then.

Something to do with steel, I know that much.

Maybe Steelhawks or Steelcats...

I know Hackensack, New Jersey is only in the 40,000's, but can I change my entry to that?

By the way, Bergen County has 900,000 people in it (and Hackensack is the largest city).

6fQjS3M.png

If you're willing to break the population rules for a territorial capital, I'd like to call Whitehorse, Yukon.

If you're unwilling to break that, I'd like to be really difficult and request Bermuda or Nassau, Bahamas.

EDIT: I originally said yes, but now will renege. The total population of Yukon Territories is about 30,000.

I will grant you Nassau, Bahamas if you give me a postal abbreviation for Bahamas.

When do we decide team names?

Hopefully when you turn in your concepts. Otherwise it would be pretty bland.

(You don't need to reserve team names, either. Just put it in your concept.)

Since the rules said that this is an "All-Ages Afair" would it be wrong to make two logos. One for ages -10 and 11+ (Not as a manditory thing but an option?)

As long as you stipulate which are the official logos, you could add the other (10 and under) as a promotional logo or something. If I were doing it, though, I would just have one set of logos to avoid confusion.

I know Hackensack, New Jersey is only in the 40,000's, but can I change my entry to that?

By the way, Bergen County has 900,000 people in it (and Hackensack is the largest city).

Maybe I don't get it... Youngstown was your first choice, then you suggest a number of others. I'd prefer that you stick with Youngstown for a number of reasons.

You did say definately.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

I do not have a template, but if you wish, you could make a circle (as mentioned) or use a volleyball template... I know that sounds weird, but I use to play kickball with a volleyball, and I received one early submission (the participant is now on vacation), and he used a volleyball.

Sheesh, just make up your mind bro!

Seriously. By the time you pick a city the contest will be over with.

jNTsTyQ.png

EDIT: I originally said yes, but now will renege. The total population of Yukon Territories is about 30,000.

I will grant you Nassau, Bahamas if you give me a postal abbreviation for Bahamas.

Fair enough - exactly why I posted multiple choices. As far as abbreviations go, it's your call. The ISO's two-letter country code for the Bahamas is BS, the three-letter is BHS. The IOC code is BAH.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Or how about just "STEEL"...with Shaquille O'Neal as "Steel" as the mascot/logo??? :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The reason I wanted to change to Hackensack was I came up with a really good idea out of the blue, so if you approve it great, if you don't, then I'll stick with my hometown of Youngstown.

EDIT: For you guys' entries are you putting wordmarks or logos on the front?

6fQjS3M.png

The reason I wanted to change to Hackensack was I came up with a really good idea out of the blue, so if you approve it great, if you don't, then I'll stick with my hometown of Youngstown.

I don't think it matters, just do what looks good, don't make your decision on what other people say.

I don't think it matters, just do what looks good, don't make your decision on what other people say.

I guess I don't want to be the idiot that has a big huge logo on the front that nobody else has.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived