Red Sox new logo

Patsfan99

They look like the Yankees with all the navy blue.

Ironically when the new Owners (shysters, shylocks, marketeers, pick your favorite word), they said they would be going AWAY from the navy blue jackets, batting practice jerseys, etc. because they wanted a separate identity from the Evil Empire.

Conventional wisdom was that the con artists (I mean owners) did it to sell merchandise, and now, after everyone's loaded up with red - and Boom, they go back to Navy.

It's all about selling merchandise. They didn't raise ticket prices this year, and are trying to milk their lemmings, I mean Red Sox Nation Fans for all the money they can.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love the new Boston gray uniforms if they weren't the RED Sox. It's a great traditional look with just the right amount of red, but makes no sense to have a uniform that is almost all blue for a team called the Red Sox.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

just ugly, complete downgrade from the red script on the away and RED SOCKS !!!!!!!!! that looks so boring and plain.

Until the New York Mets drop the black, I say all Mets fans should stay out of any conversation about whether or not another team looks good or bad as their team looks pathetic with black in their uniforms! :P

Logos DO NOT belong on game hats. It looks bush league. The only possible exception I can think of is Toronto, back when they had the iconic blue jay logo. In every other case, it sucks.

What about the bird on the O's cap? Or the old Devil Rays logo? How about the old Brewers or Seattle alt?

O's gets a pass, but basically only because they've never worn a monogram in my lifetime (no, the stupid "O's" caps don't count.)

The Devil Rays alt caps that only had the ray were ridiculous. At least their other caps always had the TB with the ray. I'm not a fan of the BIG, but at least it technically was letters (yeah I know, it was their logo too.) The Seattle alt looked like a BP or fashion cap. Not an on-field MLB level cap.

So basically I'm exempting Toronto and Baltimore from this rule. Any other requests for exemptions will be heard and ruled upon in the order in which they are received.

Ok... how about Houston's and Cleveland's caps? They also just have logos...

They both look bush league to me. Well, one of them looks bush league and racist, but that's for another thread.

I know I used the "well, they've been doing it my whole lifetime" excuse for the Orioles, and technically, the Indians have too, but to me their logo just looks ridiculously unprofessional. Houston's is terrible too. The "H"-Star was a cool cap logo... the broken-star just doesn't look big-league at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well anyway...

I'm kind of worried about the aesthetics of Sox-Yanks games now. The teams are going to end up looking kind of similar when playing each other now that we know the Red Sox are planning to wear blue socks with their away uniforms. Obviously white is a bigger part of the Yankees' road uniforms, but the blue socks on the Red Sox are sort of going to make up for that difference in a way.

I hate these uniforms.... using red socks and undershirts could save them, but I'm really disappointed by all the uni changes that were made... serious downgrades on all fronts imho... the gray jerseys are so nondescript... and the socks on the sleeve jump way out as a result of how boring the rest of the shirt is... ugh.

They look like the Yankees with all the navy blue.

Ironically when the new Owners (shysters, shylocks, marketeers, pick your favorite word), they said they would be going AWAY from the navy blue jackets, batting practice jerseys, etc. because they wanted a separate identity from the Evil Empire.

Conventional wisdom was that the con artists (I mean owners) did it to sell merchandise, and now, after everyone's loaded up with red - and Boom, they go back to Navy.

It's all about selling merchandise. They didn't raise ticket prices this year, and are trying to milk their lemmings, I mean Red Sox Nation Fans for all the money they can.

Yeah, as a lifelong Red Sox fan I just hate these "shyster" owners. I hate the way they've won us 2 World Series, passed the yankees as the best franchise in the league, fixed up Fenway Park, invested in one of baseballs highest payrolls, and built one of the best farm systems in the league.

Please bring back the Yawkey/Harrington era....that was so much more fun!!

All that being said, I don't love the new unis, but if the price of competing with the Yankees is squeezing every last buck you can out of fans by doing things like tweaking the unis every few years, so be it. Nobody forces anybody to keep buying a new jersey every time they change.

Despite being the RED Sox, the solid red socks would look out of place with the new road uniform sets. But the blue socks contradict the team's nickname. Solution: reintroduce the socks the team had worn for decades -- blue on top, two white stripes with a blue stripe in between, and red on the bottom. Problem solved.

RedSoxMod.png

Where was all this crying about the Red Sox not wearing red socks when this thing was UNVEILED? I mean, it's kind of late to whine and moan about it when you had ample time to do so in the offseason.

Where was all this crying about the Red Sox not wearing red socks when this thing was UNVEILED? I mean, it's kind of late to whine and moan about it when you had ample time to do so in the offseason.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall them making an announcement on the color of the socks back in December.

But I mean, come on. Navy hat, navy letters & numbering, mostly navy motif more than likely meant navy socks.

I suppose that's true, but I was holding out hope that I would never see the Red Sox wearing solid navy socks.

Archived