Red Sox new logo

Patsfan99

"Twenty-eight of the 30 teams have gray uniforms. The Yankees don't have a patent or exclusivity on navy blue or gray. We think the 'hanging Sox' on the sleeve give us a central identity that the other teams don't have."

San Diego and whom?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better, but they still shouldn't have changed anything.

I like the guy's contention that having the socks on the sleeve separates their uniform from the other 29 teams. Well no :censored:, genius; turns out the Boston Red Sox logo is actually not a common design element around the majors. Who knew.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

Dragging this up again...

Here is a video from a couple of weeks back where Red Sox pitcher Jonathan Papelbon bashes the new alternate cap and the new road uniforms with the blue socks. Skip ahead to the 4 minute mark to hear Cinco Ocho's (yes, that is what he calls himself) comments.

• 3 weeks later...

They haven't been wearing the blue alts on the road, but they have been wearing the red alts at home. I do think the alt cap looks good with the road uniforms though and I like how the cap logo matches the sleeve patch (the logos on the uniform and hat have a blue outline).

i don't know if this has been talked about or not, but have they worn this cap with their normal grays before or are they just forcing the cap because they don't wear the blue or red tops?

I don't believe they have worn the alternate cap with the regular home or away uniforms before last night this year, but it makes sense since it was a Friday night game. They are suppose to wear the alternates (caps and uniforms) on Fridays and I doubt they could have worn the blue away alternates with the Blue Jays wearing their powder blues. So they only wore the alternate cap.

It's been a while since they've worn the navy uniforms on the road at all. I doubt it has anything to do with the Jays wearing a totally different shade of blue, especially considering the Braves and Mets faced off wearing navy blue and black respectively.

Then again it could be the Sox showing rare good judgement by not going alt-on-alt. I dunno, but that seems to be the most logical explanation to me.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

It's been a while since they've worn the navy uniforms on the road at all. I doubt it has anything to do with the Jays wearing a totally different shade of blue, especially considering the Braves and Mets faced off wearing navy blue and black respectively.

They have not worn the navy alts, because the last 3 Friday night away games have been vs. Tampa, Seattle and Toronto who all wore alt tops. Two of them were of course navy blue.

As a lifelong Boston native and Red Sox fan I think the alt. cap is crap. I also think the Red and Navy alt. jerseys are crap. I think the new road jersey is crap. I like the road unis we won two World Series with. The only cap I like besides the Navy is the Red cap with the Blue B and Blue bill the Sox wore in the 70's.

Archived