Red Sox new logo

Patsfan99

Actually, New York is the town so nice they named it thrice.

"As a duly-designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the next convenient parallel dimension."

I know, only part of the city is in New York County, but tell that to Doctor Stantz.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with the page and a half of SNL Jeopardy jokes, I'd still rather discuss it on this thread. Anyway, I like. I agree with Gotham that the whole set needs the hanging sox logo on the left sleeve, but it's a solid set that hangs together ever so slightly better than the current set. A tiny, almost unmeasurable, upgrade. This is solid grade-A work. It's only kept from A-plus status by the missing sleeve patch and the fact that it continues the Red Sox phenomenon of looking too much like the Yankees in terms of general look and feel. The same shade of midnight blue on the caps, and now a similar simple navy on gray road jersey? Still too much of a Yankees vibe for this team.

I still say the Sox should ditch blue entirely and switch to green, but maybe I'm wrong about how many Irish-Americans and Italian-Americans there are who aren't already Red Sox fans in principle. Anyway, take the entire new set, change all the navy elements to green, and you'd have pretty much my ideal Red Sox concept.

20082614447.png

If you added red outlines around all the blue elements of the road jersey (like the mockup done before), I think it would be perfect. The blue lettering would have the retro vibe from the 80s, and adding the red outline would make it consistent with the other versions, and perhaps even a nod to the 70s pullovers.

I always thought the plain 80s uniforms were too stark...very plain and somewhat depressing. Adding just a slight amount of red trim would have made them less boring, and the same holds true for this new version as well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I thought they had possibly the nicest roads going, and loved the way they accentuated the red on the road. My wonder is do they start wearing navy under the jersey? If not, it may look weird since there is NO red on that road jersey anymore. I guess my beef with the plain roads is that the RED sox no longer have RED anywhere. Seems kinda silly.

i dont like the new primary road jersey, looks very boring and too close to the yankees. the road this year was alot better then that. i also dont like how they changed the primary logo from the circle with 'boston redsox' script with the sox on a baseball to just the hanging sox, i personally think its a downgrade, but that could be im a younger fan and only really know the redsox with the look of the last 10 years or so.

i do really like the navy road alt, i think it would better if the red home alt was navy too. the way the red boston stands out on the dark navy looks really good. that hat also is alight, i guess it goes with the jerseys.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Downgrade on all fronts. Should've stuck with the old road jerseys and the old primary logo. That hanging sox hat is terrible as well.

The Sox just went from having one of the best uniform sets/identities in baseball (and I say this as a Yankees fan) to having a spectacular home jersey coupled with mediocre alternate and away jerseys, along with a boring primary logo and an ugly alternate cap.

The thing I hate most about those away jerseys is the red hanging sox patch on a jersey that has entirely blue script. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Not to mention that the old red script with a blue outline was nicer looking (the blue script isn't terrible but is a downgrade).

I can't see this lasting for long - I think Sox fans are going to be outraged at these changes.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

The only thing I don't like is that the circle logo is no longer the primary. The socks logo is not strong enough to be the primary mark. That move was really lame.

I don't mind the new roads that much. They do look more like the Yankees now, but every 18 years, they go back to those. At least, they are just sticking to their tratition, and not necesarily changing just for the sake of changing. They used those blue scripted roads in the 80s at one point.

The blue alternates need red piping, STAT.

I don't mind the "two-socks" hat as an alternate, but if they ever consider wearing that with the home whites, I will be very unhappy. The "B" is iconic and should not be messed with.

The roads look kinda meh but Bostondirtdogs was showing a concept with the navy trimmed in red that I thought looked a whole lot better. The "two-socks" on the sleeve help it a little bit, but the circle logo is better. If you look at the MLB.com Shop photos, they look like crap because you can't see the sleeves.

I would've kept home, road, and home alt the same, added the navy road alt with red piping and that's it. No new hat.

mainescarf.png

As much as it pains me to say this...those roads look absolutely fantastic. I've always wanted the Yankees to ditch the white piping and striping and crap from their roads, and as in so many other things this decade, the Sox beat them to it and emerge as winners.

My gripe is with the adaptation of the hanging socks to non-white backgrounds. I love the effect of the negative space when rendered on the left here:

Original.jpg

This gets lost in the application on the new alt hat, and on the sleeve of the jersey. A simple white outline around the whole thing that fills in the negative space would solve it. Other than that, and the still-fugly red jersey, it's a very nice job that will stoke my raging jealousy.

Here are a couple of shots which show the rear of the road jerseys, which have names on them. The names are sewn directly to the jersey, meaning no nameplate is present.

Francona made a joke that this will probably be the only time you catch him wearing a jersey.

3100836069_1e46869f18_o.jpg

3101673374_916ceb02f5_o.jpg

3100836013_fb33ea564c_o.jpg

That blue alt and the new road are both on my to-get list now. The alt cap I can do without, but I really like the rest of it. I really wish they'd gone with a white outline on the "hanging sox" logo, but I have no gripes. with the rest of the package.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived