Red Sox new logo

Patsfan99

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why did they put the Sox on the hat instead of the "B"?

Because they wanted an alternate cap.

Because they think such a cap will sell.

Because they haven't learned the lesson that the Yankees learned long ago, which is that you don't need to sell out your on-field identity to move merchandise.

Has there ever been a case of a team using a piece of their unifom as a mark on another piece of their uniform?

For example, the Red Sox now have their socks on their sleeve. Has there ever been a football team that has a patch of their helmet on their jersey? Or anything else like that?

The WHA's NY Golden Blades wore skates on their jerseys:

NY Golden Blades

I'm an Angels fan and don't care about the Red Sox at all for many reasons, but why would the Bo Sox replace a road uniform they wore when they buried the curse of the Bambino, needless to say, won two World Series championships wearing it. I thought the Cubs would win two world series titles long before the Red Sox ever made a uniform change. OOOOOHHHH, was I wrong. No offense to you Cub fans!

It's not even that the new jersey is really aesthetically pleasing to the point where people would just have to buy it. That, I might get. Why would they want to recall the days of Bucky Effing Dent and Gets By Buckner?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I realize this complaint isn't specific just to the Red Sox, but I hate any alternate cap that doesn't change really the look of the uniform, either on TV or in person (in the seats most of us can afford to sit in).

At least gimme a different brim color or something. Aesthetically (and I know that isn't what's driving this), alt caps like these and the Jays' are pointless.

It's not even that the new jersey is really aesthetically pleasing to the point where people would just have to buy it. That, I might get. Why would they want to recall the days of Bucky Effing Dent and Gets By Buckner?

The Red Sox wore the pullover jerseys with red letting and numbers (and red caps) in the Bucky Effing Dent game.

Almost seems like the Sox are doing what the Nationals are doing. Predominantly red at home, and more navy on the road.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I think a lot of people on here sometimes get confused...

Just because something is "old", doesn't necessarily mean it's good. Hell, there's a reason they changed them in the first place, no?

sure to make more money. changing logos and uniforms helps bring in more money. so that is why they did that.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I realize this complaint isn't specific just to the Red Sox, but I hate any alternate cap that doesn't change really the look of the uniform, either on TV or in person (in the seats most of us can afford to sit in).

At least gimme a different brim color or something. Aesthetically (and I know that isn't what's driving this), alt caps like these and the Jays' are pointless.

Especially because you only see them for half of the game. I highly doubt Boston is getting matching batting helmets.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

... I think the blue alt would look better with red sleeve piping.
I agree. The reason they don't have pipping on the alt is that the road grays will have plain pants, no piping at all. The pants will look horrible, by the way. Moreso than the jersey. Either way, it would look weird if the blue jersey had piping and the pants didn't. That is probably why then made it look like a BP jersey. As for the red alt, I guess they wanted it to match the blue one, but that is a bad idea. The home set will still have piping, so the red alt should match those pants.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived