Sign in to follow this  
statebully

New Mississippi State logo

hmm, i was hoping they'd go with a different one in the set that was proposed. hopefully, they also choose one of the bulldog logos that were submitted because they were very nicely done.

I think I remember seeing the proposed logos, but can't seem to find them again. Could someone maybe post them here as a reference?

2cdk85l.jpg

123l0ra.jpg

Looks like they went with B on the first pic and C on the second pic.

I like this. This is the one I wanted them to use.

I like how they didn't try to "reinvent the wheel" on this, but rather modernized it. It is a very refreshing update for MSU. I've always preferred the banner "STATE" logo as a helmet logo anyways.

Also, I'm not digging option "J" as a primary helmet logo. As a secondary logo/award sticker, it may work.

I will mark out if J is the helmet logo next year.

I think K would be a nice choice for a tertiary or even alternate logo as it incorporates the state of Mississippi and could be used to market the Bulldogs as Mississippi's team. I have searched around and have yet to see Ole Miss incorporate the state in any of their logos.

I don't like the current M State logo because from a distance, on the helmet, it looks like four red dots surrounding the banner. It doesn't look like an M. This new M State logo is more solid. I wish they would include tan in their color scheme.

It could be a prototype for all we know...but quite frankly, I'm just happy that they've returned to the use of maroon helmets. MSU in white hats just didn't look right.

That's a definite upgrade. That looks very nice.

I hope they don't put a stripe on it, I think it would clutter it too much in this case.

It's probably gray. The lighting had an effect on it, I suppose.

Not bad. I liked the white shells. I was really hoping for a bulldog head. It does kind of make me think of the Montreal Machine.

The helmet looks nice simply by going back to maroon. Also feeling the gray (it's called silver in the concept they chose 'Option D') outline as well...wonder if we will see that a bit more in the uniforms?

Wish they'd get rid of the grey rules on the helmet. From a few feet away in most lighting it'll be indistinguishable. Just turning the grey to maroon would make it look like the original logo. If they want grey in there, do interior beveling, which wouldn't disrupt the design.