New Mississippi State logo

statebully

I understand why they do it, but it bugs me how they put the logo so far back on the helmet. The all maroon helmet looks better than the white, but they need to make the logo a little smaller so they can put on the helmet properly.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like how they didn't try to "reinvent the wheel" on this, but rather modernized it. It is a very refreshing update for MSU. I've always preferred the banner "STATE" logo as a helmet logo anyways.

Also, I'm not digging option "J" as a primary helmet logo. As a secondary logo/award sticker, it may work.

Same. I just can't see the "J" logo as something you'd put on the helmet. Other than that, I like the new tweak to the "STATE" logo.

Looks like there won't be a bulldog on the helmet next year...this was displayed at today's press conference

NewHelmet.jpg

Don't be overly concerned about that decal being so far back on the helmet. It was probably just thrown together at the last second for the press conference. The actual helmet should have the logo more centered.

I hope they do put the logo on the helmet properly. The reason it bothers me is they seem to intentionally shift it to the back so the high point chinstraps won't cover as much of the logo. They could just move it up on the helmet. This pic is from the 2008 media guide.

MSU.png

I'm told that 'J' might end up on the helmets this next year...we'll see

Page3.jpg

I think H, I, J, K, and Q are all great.

I don't think any of those would look good on a helmet. I think a more updated font like what is displayed in L would look better on a helmet than what they currently use. To me Miss. State's uniforms and helmets just make the team appear slow and 2nd rate. I don't know if its the colors, the blandness of the M-State logo, the uniform design, or what, but that's what always comes to my mind when seeing their uniforms.

Well, hopefully that will change, since a new helmet more than likely means that there will be new uniforms as well. I at least want there to be some sort of striping on the uniforms, because the Croom-era uniforms were a bit too bland. I liked them, but they were a maroon helmet w/ numbers and missing sleeve numbers away from basically being the maroon and white version of the Crimson Tide aesthetically.

I'm not sure if this will come up, but I always preferred this look:

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2005/sub/pic...hris_mcneil.jpg

mississippistate_chris_mcneil.jpg

mississippi-state-bulldogs.jpg

3db58aec96c7e-30-2.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived