2009 Stanley Cup Finals Logo

AsM29

I do find the top of the cup is nicely done and has form, but if you look at the bottom of the cup on either side of the NHL logo, it looks flat. The highlights and shadows should extend all the way down the trophy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When did it become "Final" instead of "Finals"?

When the NBA filed for a trademark on their "The Finals" wordmark in June 2005. It was published for opposition in July 2007, so the timing of using "Stanley Cup Final" last year for the first time makes perfect sense. For what it's worth, the trademark on the NBA's wordmark was registered yesterday.

BCBannersSig.png

This logo was just released today. What do you guys think?

Picture10-3.png

THIS IS...

Spinal_Tap_logo.jpg

The logo sucks along with the NHL logo, just bring back the old sunburst logo of the late 90's early 00's.

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

Very Nice - I really like it. I would give last years logo a slight edge over this year logo. I liked the color scheme of the 2008 version. This is still a very good logo - great job!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Are the stars a nod to the original 6?

That would seem rather silly if two non-original 6 teams wind up playing in the Final.

It could be a nod to the 6 different divisions.

Or the 3 opponents that each team playing in the final just disposed of to get there.

Or the fact that 3 stars on each side has a nice symmetry to it.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I find it kind of weird that from 1994-2004, the Stanley Cup Final had pretty much the same logo. And then we have had three different logos in the last three years.

Is the NHL trying to copy the NFL and MLB with different logos each year for the championship series?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I always liked that the NHL kept their logos roughly the same for a span of about 5 years and then switched it every half decade (though the patches they had from 1995-1999 were ugly), and while the logos the NHL put out the last two years weren't bad (though the 2009 is a lot better than the 2008 one), I wish thehy had just kept the 2006/07 one (which IMO, was very nice) until this season at least and then come up with a new one to use from 2010-2014.

For one thing, a month or so ago, I had seen a Pepsi promotion that featured last year's logo with 2009 in it advertising a prize they have now being a trip to the next Cup Final.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Are the stars a nod to the original 6?

I think each star represents a division. 3 divisions in each conference, represented by the ribbon they are on and how they are both on opposite sides.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Best post-lockout one yet.

Agreed. Still doesnt beat the old sunburst logos.

And only because I said it last year...

I would love to see it on a pens jersey.*

*With the cup being raised victoriously over Sidney Crosby's head, by Sidney Crosby. (Given last year's result, I thought id make that distinction.)

oBIgzrL.png

Best post-lockout one yet.

Agreed. Still doesnt beat the old sunburst logos.

And only because I said it last year...

I would love to see it on a pens jersey.*

*With the cup being raised victoriously over Sidney Crosby's head, by Sidney Crosby. (Given last year's result, I thought id make that distinction.)

Keep dreaming. :P

They are softer than they ever were now!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived