Raysox's NHL jersey redesign

raysox

Hey everyone. I have my redesign for the Stars. I did as all you said, added green. I ightened up all the gold. I also went with this cut, since the stars seem like a team that would use it. Also it looked the best when i tried them all. Enjoy.

Updated on post 26

Next is Thrashers, though I have an idea for the Predators, I might skip ahead and do them. What would you like to see for the Thrashers?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! Amazing, I love the Stars set. I have always hated that "DALLAS" script on their jerseys and this is awesome.

And for the Thrashers: As little, if any, of that putrid maroonish color.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

I don't like the Stars at all. It appears you wanted to use the Senators/Penguins cut, well, somehow, you made it much fatter around the logo, and everything looks very cluttered to me. The green and the black have very little contrast, so, especially on the white jersey, they blend together into one mass of color, unless you look very closely. That is why there needs to be more gold, it acts as a bright color to separate the two darks. But, you hardly used any gold, there needs to be more. The back number placement looks off, raise them up closer to the nameplate. Also I might have already said this on one of your other concepts but you should consider making the jerseys bigger when you save, because it's hard to see some of the details, and presentation counts. Finally I would say to think about using a different logo on the alternate jersey.

Yeah I wasn't to sure about the Dallas set, I want to try it again. What cut should I use? The one they use now?

I would either use a completely different cut, like something that isn't in the edge cut arsenal, or something with more traditional striping. I don't know if you are using paint but I guess it is hard to come up with new, non-templated stuff in paint. But it has been done.

Now with my next concept, I have the Thrashers! Some people don't like the current home jersey not being symmetrical. I did away with that, and used the same sut as the current away jersey. I also stuck with 3 colours, light blue, navy, and yellow. No ugly red. Enjoy.

ATL.png

You know what? I just relized that the numbers went in order... Next will be the Islanders. I'll have it tomorrow maybe. Merry Christmas, and Happy Hanukuh to all!

Much better, but the nameplate running into the shoulder yoke bothers me, and the numbers still need to be moved up.

Agree. Also use the Stars main logo on the front, with DALLAS above the Stars. One last the shoudler logo shouldn't be used on the front of the jersey, I hate it when it is on the front.

Except for those things though, I am really digging what you did.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Merry Christmas to all! My Christmas present to the boards is my concept for the Islanders. I wanted to make the jerseys resemble the pre-Edge Jerseys as much as I could. I used the Ranger cut (Isles fans won't like that) I added a shoulder yoke, and brought back the lighthouse logo for the shoulders, and third. So enjoy!

NYI.png

Next is Nashville, Expect a big change, I don't like their current jerseys at all. Also I changed their logo some, it's obvious what I did to it already. Stay tuned, this may be done by tonight.

Merry Christmas to all! My Christmas present to the boards is my concept for the Islanders. I wanted to make the jerseys resemble the pre-Edge Jerseys as much as I could. I used the Ranger cut (Isles fans won't like that) I added a shoulder yoke, and brought back the lighthouse logo for the shoulders, and third. So enjoy!

NYI.png

Next is Nashville, Expect a big change, I don't like their current jerseys at all. Also I changed their logo some, it's obvious what I did to it already. Stay tuned, this may be done by tonight.

Looks good.

One suggestion is to make the Logo and name and number all proportion to the rest of the jersey.

I have noticed a couple times one of those three being off.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Hey everyone. I have my Predators redesign done. I did what mostly everyone else does with the logo, simplify it. I took away all the silver, light blue, and kept with 1 shade of yellow. I went with the Senators cut with this concept. That's pretty much all I have to say. Enjoy.

NSH.png

Next is the...Aves? So C&C on my last 3 please.

Not really feeling the last two all that much.

Nashville, especially on the home, seems that the striping is squishing in the Logo. Also, It bugs me that the Captain's C goes over the yellow.

Colorado, well the striping is the big part. The striping on the arms just seems out of place and forced. The Striping on the sides seems to cut off to quickly and just maybe needs to follow through. Also the Assistant's A is hard to read.

Just my two cents

Ibleed-1.png

Hey everyone I have my redsign for the Panthers. Personally I like the Panthers jerseys, but this IS a redsign series. So I was jogging, and this idea flashed into my head for this jersey set. So I went with it. I also only put the head on the front of the jersey. With the head, I rounded it up. make the lines less acute. Here's the bigger logo.

FLA-1.png

I also changed the Panther to the yellow the team uses. With out further adu, here's the panthers redesign.

FLA.png

Next is Sabers, one I've looked forward to doing for some time. It's prety obvious what I'm going to do with them.

C&C for this, and the last few please.

So are you going to keep ignoring everyone about number/NOB placement? Because it's kinda annoying for me as the viewer when the designer doesn't listen to C+C

I don't like any of the last 3. The Thrashers Islanders and Stars I sorta liked but it has gone downhill since in my mind. The Predators has way too much white in the dark jersey, and it looks extremely cluttered around the logo. Not a fan. The Avs is a crappy recolor of the Capitals, I don't see anything more. The white piping on the dark jersey on the waist and sides looks like an afterthought. The Panthers is the best out of the last three but I still don't like it. I think the full body logo is much better, if you insist on using this one it needs a white outline and it needs to be smaller. The side striping looks very, very awkward...I did a Coyotes concept when I redesigned the NHL with striping like this, and I have since realized that it isn't such a good idea. It's kinda like the Oilers half stripe, it's awkward and hard to see. On the Panthers I also don't like that you have 3 variations of the same striping pattern. One on red, one on blue, and one on white (socks). Currently they only use 2 variations, it may be personal preference but I think that adds more consistency. Also I really don't like the use of the allstar template here. This design does have the most potential though.

This thread is turning into a edge template recolor fest. I've seen it before. I am one of the biggest haters of recolor concepts that you will ever see, so you aren't gonna get much love from me. But I think a combination of the whole continue-to-mess-up-number-placement thing. along with the aforementioned recoloring, is sending this thread downward. I think the rest of the board sees it, notice the lack of comments? Whew, long post.

Hey guy's. I haven't been working on these much lately. Mostly because of elliot's post above. Well I'd like to say I want to get back doing these concepts, not following the RBK Edge guidlines. I will retry any jersey you want me to. Also Sabres will be up tonight

I'd like to see re-tries of the Preds and Avs. I did like the Panthers, though, aside from the number/name/logo location issues. The logo should definitely be higher up on the front, and the number and NOB should be close to each other. They're pretty simple fixes- just look at a picture of a real jersey and try and match the locations for that kind of thing.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived