Australian Football League 2009

Roars87

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn...this makes last year's abomination look decent. it looks like they decided to go for something like this:

Port-Away-2003.gif

only this new one is so inferior in appearance I'm struggling to find a word to express how I feel.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

From hawthornfc.com.au

blue_diamond.jpg

Just released by the Hawks Museum, the third guernsey in this unique series.

The infamous Blue Diamond pre-season guernsey worn for one game in 1995 when the Hawks took on the Sydney Swans at the Manuka Oval, Canberra. The guernsey is an exact replica of the one worn by Jason Dunstall when he kicked 7 goals in that game which saw the Hawks go down by 13 points,

Full Article

It's kinda cool to see your ideas get acted upon, and end up in a place where you yorself go for information.

The Hawthorn Preseason jumper is the one I get most emails about, at my website www.footyjumpers.com

Plenty of people have asked me over the years where they could get one.

Recently I helped my mate who runs the Hawthorn Museum get what we would call Throwback jumpers (1925) on this forum.

They were such a success that they are now getting another 20 made to sell online.

In our discussions, I mentioned to him about how the 1995 Preseason jumpers would sell like hot cakes.

And he went and got some of them made as well, from my eps file that I created.

See how the AFL logo is not exact, that's because when I traced that logo, I was just learning Illustrator.

The White line on the inside of the straight Red in the A is thinner than it should be, and the Blue is not an exact match for the Blue they were using in 1995 either.

Also, in 1995 those AFL and MBF logos were sewn on.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

That's pretty cool.

I had a similar experience - the Brewers created a bobblehead based on an old Illustrator rendering of mine of the Beer Barrel Man logo from the 1970s. I can't see it, however, without finding all the errors. Do you still have the same reaction?

That's pretty cool.

I had a similar experience - the Brewers created a bobblehead based on an old Illustrator rendering of mine of the Beer Barrel Man logo from the 1970s. I can't see it, however, without finding all the errors. Do you still have the same reaction?

Probably exactly the same reaction.

I'm just hoping people like those who frequent this forum don't buy them, because they'll be saying stuff like "the AFL logo's all wrong" and "the logos weren't printed on, they were sewn on" and "look how the diamonds at the top don't line up".

They offered me one for giving them the file, but what am I going to do with a clown costume like that?

I certainly wouldn't wear it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

See how the AFL logo is not exact, that's because when I traced that logo, I was just learning Illustrator.

Ah, I guessed you had just done that to keep the copyright monster at bay :)

Nah, Hawthorn actually have the right to create and sell AFL merchandise, so they're OK with the proper version.

As for copyright, you'd think it was close enough to look like the real deal to make it a problem.

(Surely I wasn't THAT bad that it's so different as to look like something else entirely.)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 4 weeks later...

Archived