Australian Football League 2009

Roars87

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

5o9jk7.jpg

From the Swans website:

This is a replica of the historic 1909 guernsey worn in South Melbourne's first premiership win against Carlton. This special edition commemorative guernsey marks 100 years of Sydney Swans premiership history.

These limited edition guernseys will be available in time for this year's round 4 heritage match against Carlton.

5o9jk7.jpg

From the Swans website:

This is a replica of the historic 1909 guernsey worn in South Melbourne's first premiership win against Carlton. This special edition commemorative guernsey marks 100 years of Sydney Swans premiership history.

These limited edition guernseys will be available in time for this year's round 4 heritage match against Carlton.

:blink:

I suggested this idea to their Melbourne office back in 2006.

(I know their Melbourne GM quite well)

They said they would hang on to it for another time.

Looks like that time is Round 4.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 2 weeks later...

176633.jpg

When it was announced that the Crows were going to use their 1996 preseason jumper as a basis for a new Away jumper, I thought they would make something ugly, even worse.

And I stand by my initial thoughts.

And they even rogered the stripes on the Collingwood jumpers, making them fit the adidas template.

176617.jpg

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

5o9jk7.jpg

From the Swans website:

:o:wub:

They need to keep that as a clash strip, even though they'd never need to wear it.

liverpool-1.png

5o9jk7.jpg

From the Swans website:

:o:wub:

They need to keep that as a clash strip, even though they'd never need to wear it.

I like to see them wear those against Essendon, just for the heck of it :D

I saw, I came, I left.

When it was announced that the Crows were going to use their 1996 preseason jumper as a basis for a new Away jumper, I thought they would make something ugly, even worse.

And I stand by my initial thoughts.

Well at least they've gotten rid of the navy/white numbers from last year (and why do I not see that on your website, btw?)

Get rid of the gold side/shoulder panels and it might actually be tolerable.

The Swans really need to go back to the South Melbourne V design.

I used to look forward to heritage round every year and made sure to watch the Swans that week, solely to see this jumper in action. One of my favourites.

It'd be nice if they do what Brisbane did with the Fitzroy maroon jumper they have now and came up with a South-type guernsey to wear in Melbourne matches.

barry-hall-kicked-3-for-the-swans-but-is-still-wel1.JPG

THe blue on the socks looks lighter than in the logo on the jumper. I'd like to see them use blue shorts and as primal said, a jumper based on that on the mascot.

Looks like the light blue on the socks is the same colour that the Gold Coast City Council (and Titans) use.

I agree though that the "Surfies" would look sharper with a uniform similar to their (provisional/mascot) logo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

yeh, i'd definitely say that's awkward. then again they don't break up the striping too much so it's not as horrible as last year's home....is it just me or does his left arm look like it was sliced open?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived