Group Project: NFL Reserve Division

fishheatcats

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks like all teams have been claimed, but I'd love to get in on this. Is there someone who signed up but doesn't think they will get around to completing a concept? Can I get on a waiting list or something?

I guess if someone drops out, I'll give you first dibs on whatever team opens up.

I present to you the logos of the Lansing Royales, affiliates of the Detroit Lions. The name was chosen because it tied in with both the Lions and the city of Lansing. REO Motor Car company was started in Lansing, and one of the more popular cars they made was the REO Royale. Lions are associated with royalty, so the name fit well, in my opinion. The colors were chosen to keep some connections to the parent club, while fitting in with this identity. Honolulu blue was used, but silver was switched with gold, and black with a navy blue. Uniforms will be coming in the next few days hopefully, but any C+C on the logos would be great.

RoyalesLogos.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

I present to you the logos of the Lansing Royales, affiliates of the Detroit Lions. The name was chosen because it tied in with both the Lions and the city of Lansing. REO Motor Car company was started in Lansing, and one of the more popular cars they made was the REO Royale. Lions are associated with royalty, so the name fit well, in my opinion. The colors were chosen to keep some connections to the parent club, while fitting in with this identity. Honolulu blue was used, but silver was switched with gold, and black with a navy blue. Uniforms will be coming in the next few days hopefully, but any C+C on the logos would be great.

RoyalesLogos.png

wow i really like this one.

By the way, this is my first post, so I'm new here.....

I kind of wanted to get involved with one of these, I have good ideas for stuff (Names, cities, colors, uniforms,) but I only have MS Paint, so my supplies are limited.

Anyway, I was kind of interested in being a sort of "marketing person" for one of the teams. It sounds weird, but I think it could be fun

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

RoyalesLogos.png

Nice Logo, -dp-, Like the way you worked the "L" & "R". The stroke on the "L" is throwing me just a little, maybe you can rework the secondary just a little. :unsure:

aZogIyu.pngfXsuJwP.png

Devin, it's pretty great. Something about the primary irks me though. I feel like the actual head of the lion is way too small and it's mane is huge. Not sure. But I love the secondary. Can't wait to see some unis.

That's the same thing I noticed. Just make the mane a little smaller and this will be great. I'm excited to see the uniforms as well.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It looks like all teams have been claimed, but I'd love to get in on this. Is there someone who signed up but doesn't think they will get around to completing a concept? Can I get on a waiting list or something?

I guess if someone drops out, I'll give you first dibs on whatever team opens up.

May I make a suggestion? Let anybody contibute any team they want, regardless of what has already been claimed. Then, in the end, the votes will decide the best ones.

Thanks, scottysprings, I'll work on creating a Giants concept. This is gonna be fun.

And that Lansing concept is bad ass. I don't agree that the mane is too big for the head, the thing I think might be throwing it off is that the crown itself is too big for the head. And the crown looks like it is scaled to match the mane, so maybe the answer is just making the head a little larger to get all three aspects working together. As for the secondary, I have two criticisms. The first is that the crown is completely different than the crown on the primary. Secondly, I would eliminated the stroke on the 'L' and just make it solid like the R.

Is this better? I enlarged the lion's head a bit. I did intentionally make the crown and mane big, but I think the head being slightly bigger does help. On the alt, I changed it to a solid blue L, as many of you requested. The reason I had it as just a stroke, was because I wanted it to be a little easier to notice, but it works this way too. The crown on the alt doesn't match the one on the primary, because I didn't think it fit with the otherwise simple secondary, so I stuck with a simplified crown.

RoyalesLogos2.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Something about that lion logo just...ain't...quite...there yet. It may only be because that blue navy mane is sitting against that navy background, but it still seems like that head is kinda "floating" in there. May wanna look at enlarging it just a little bit more. Here's another thought: this may be a little overkill, but you may want to look at offsetting the entire head in honolulu blue, just to kinda help it pop off that navy background a little bit better.

Beyond all that, though, it certainly is a great rendering...much better than what I could have done (let the record show that I suck when it comes to drawing animals).

I like the direction this is going...looking forward to the rest of the package.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is this better? I enlarged the lion's head a bit. I did intentionally make the crown and mane big, but I think the head being slightly bigger does help. On the alt, I changed it to a solid blue L, as many of you requested. The reason I had it as just a stroke, was because I wanted it to be a little easier to notice, but it works this way too. The crown on the alt doesn't match the one on the primary, because I didn't think it fit with the otherwise simple secondary, so I stuck with a simplified crown.

RoyalesLogos2.png

Has some similarities to the Lebron Lion icon... lebonlion.png

Could look a little meaner to me

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

Archived