fishheatcats

Group Project: NFL Reserve Division

OK, here's Kansas City's affialate: The Des Moines Chiefs.

-The logo is rather simple with the interlocking 'DM', which is a nod from the interlocking 'KC' in Kansas City's logo.

-The colors are based off of the big club's. The reds and golds are darkened here.

-The colors are also taken off of the two college teams in the state, the cardinal red for Iowa State and the gold for Iowa.

-The wordmark is supposed to be a a modern take of Kansas City's wordmark.

dmchiefsna6.png

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4512/dmchiefsna6.png

and the field

dmfxz2.png

Ok last version of the Turtles. I kept the uni's the same just went back to the drawing board for the logo. Made it look more like, well a turtle. I gave it a little angry face to. C&C.

Link

turtle-logoss.gif

That turtle looks like he is like ughhh go awaayyyyyy. Its better the the original though.

I LIKED THE ORIGINAL BETTER

MAN, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?

i think noone should have 2, but if no one else wants it then go ahead

Yeah, if anybody else wants it, its all theirs. But if no one bids for it and we need it done, I'll gladly take it.

Alright, so I'm having a little problem. I have the Jets affiliate, the Hartford Fighters. I'm basing it off of the WWII warhawk P40 fighter jets (I'll explain that later). My main logo looks a lot like my Jets concept I put out a while ago, but my problem is I'm not sure what colors to make it. I'm not gonna go the copy-the-NFL-colors look (green and white), so I'm just gonna go with whatever I think looks best.

I originally had navy, dark red, and silver, but I thought that looked too much like the Patriots. Right now, I'm almost close to deciding on navy/light blue/white, with the plane being light blue and the back wing (in shadows) navy. But part of me wants to do navy/yellow/white (think old Rams colors with a darker blue). Real warhawk colors were like a dark navy/greenish color, with some red in it, which I wasn't sure on.

SO I DONT KNOW!

-The logo is rather simple with the interlocking 'DS', which is a nod from the interlocking 'KC' in Kansas City's logo.

-The colors are based off of the big club's. The reds and golds are darkened here.

-The colors are also taken off of the two college teams in the state, the cardinal red for Iowa State and the gold for Iowa.

dmchiefsna6.png

and the field

dmfxz2.png

Chiefs were already claimed by BIGBAD.... but seeing as how he's annoyed everyone with his refusal to undo his Caps Lock, I'd say most would be willing to overlook it.

I actually find this to be a rather nice, set. Similar to the Chiefs, yet establishes it's own identity. The DM logo leaves a little to be desired. Try interlocking them rather than simply having the D overlapping just the corner of the M.

-The logo is rather simple with the interlocking 'DS', which is a nod from the interlocking 'KC' in Kansas City's logo.

dmchiefsna6.png

and the field

dmfxz2.png

Chiefs were already claimed by BIGBAD.... but seeing as how he's annoyed everyone with his refusal to undo his Caps Lock, I'd say most would be willing to overlook it.

I actually find this to be a rather nice, set. Similar to the Chiefs, yet establishes it's own identity. The DM logo leaves a little to be desired. Try interlocking them rather than simply having the D overlapping just the corner of the M.

Or you could go with the arrowhead logo, but replace the KC with your DM.

My team is ready to be unveiled. The Hartford Fighters will be the affiliate of the New York Jets.

After almost 2 weeks of working on it, I think it's finally ready to post.

Location: Hartford, Connecticut, was picked for the Jets affiliate because of the close proximity and the amount of Jets fans in Connecticut. Hartford, the capital of Connecticut, was naturally the obvious choice of city.

Nickname: Staying with a plane motif, the Fighters name was chosen in reference to the WWII Warhawks used by the Allies. The P40 Warhawk was one of the more common fighter jets used by the United States, and is immediately known for by it's shark mouth paint job. (I've been in a WWII mood a lot lately, studying it in my history class and playing a lot of CoD: World at War :D)

Colors: Navy blue and old gold were chosen in reference to the old New York Titans, who became the Jets. The Jets have worn the Titans throwbacks the last two years, and Hartford wanted to stick with the theme of those colors.

Logos:

-Primary ~ A detailed fighter jet in motion. Pretty basic idea here, nothing much to say.

-Wordmark ~ Meant to convey the same motion as the primary logo does.

-Secondary ~ This is the only one that really needs explaining. The two circles/star was the logo for the United States Army Air Force during WWII. I thought it was pretty sweet and simple, and decided to make it a prominant feature for the set.

-Tertiary ~ Just the shark face. Was originally going to put this on the helmet but I couldn't get it to look right.

Uniforms: Pretty basic striping, a curved single color stripe that matches on the helmet and jersey. Pants I decided to leave stripeless, just looked better than if I added another curved stripe on 'em. Numbers are basic block but italicized to stay constant with the wordmark.

Love to get some C&C on these and improve em!

Fighters-logos-11.png

Fighters-uniforms-11.png

My team is ready to be unveiled. The Hartford Fighters will be the affiliate of the New York Jets.

Location: Hartford, Connecticut, was picked for the Jets affiliate because of the close proximity and the amount of Jets fans in Connecticut. Hartford, the capital of Connecticut, was naturally the obvious choice of city.

Nickname: Staying with a plane motif, the Fighters name was chosen in reference to the WWII Warhawks used by the Allies. The P40 Warhawk was one of the more common fighter jets used by the United States, and is immediately known for by it's shark mouth paint job. (I've been in a WWII mood a lot lately, studying it in my history class and playing a lot of CoD: World at War :D)

Colors: Navy blue and old gold were chosen in reference to the old New York Titans, who became the Jets. The Jets have worn the Titans throwbacks the last two years, and Hartford wanted to stick with the theme of those colors.

Logos:

-Primary ~ A detailed fighter jet in motion. Pretty basic idea here, nothing much to say.

-Secondary ~ This is the only one that really needs explaining. The two circles/star was the logo for the United States Army Air Force during WWII. I thought it was pretty sweet and simple, and decided to make it a prominant feature for the set.

-Tertiary ~ Just the shark face. Was originally going to put this on the helmet but I couldn't get it to look right.

Uniforms: Pretty basic striping, a curved single color stripe that matches on the helmet and jersey. Pants I decided to leave stripeless, just looked better than if I added another curved stripe on 'em. Numbers are basic block but italicized to stay constant with the wordmark.

Fighters-logos-11.png

Fighters-uniforms-11.png

Man this is kick ass!!!, I think it is the best one so far, but I think the helmet would look cool if you put the mouth on the side of the helmet and the eyes, kinda of like the teritary, I think that would look even better

You all are doing great work. Wonderful project. Especially like the Jets affiliate!

It's close, it's damn close, but not there yet.

First thing I want to take you to task on. I don't think Hartford is the right place for this team. Hartford is a Patriots town, and I think you should put the team in Norwalk or Fairfield. Most of Conn likes the Pats but I think Western CT is more New York-oriented, especially closer to NY. (See this link; scroll down). Hartford, eh... I mean people would go but they would go if it were a Panthers affiliate. I personally think Fairfield County is more appropriate.

I think the primary logo is absolutely fantastic. Really, really, awesome. The wordmark, however, not so much. Why does the F extend but then just stop randomly? What is that empty line for? "Hartford" just seems slapped on. Honestly I think you should just leave the "Fighters" part of it normal, and find some way to incorporate "Hartford" better. The secondary doesn't really fit in with the rest but it makes sense and it is classy and appropriate. The tertiary is a mess though. Doesn't feel right at all with no outline and no nose. Just a big empty feeling. I think you should incorporate those elements.

The uniforms are pretty cool. If you could put the shark on somehow it would be amazing but the star looks really solid. The italic numbers are unnecessary but alright in my book. I know it's the template, but the NOBs look tiny and aloof. I think you should fix that. Oh, and ditch the monochromes. Move the shoulder logo up more (if you fix the tertiary, out that on there) and make the shoulder numbers bigger if possible.

I like the Titans throwback colors. Overall it looks really, really nice (much better than your Jets concept IMO) and is this close from being incredible. Nice job.

Nice Job, Chestnutz. My biggest problem with the logo is the wings, the far wing is way too long compared to the near one. Also, the near one looks squared off, while the far one looks rounded. Other than that, it looks good.

Thanks for the comments guys.

GBM - I'm gonna take some of your suggestions. I probably will end up changing the name to Fairfield, you'd be the one to know about fans in that region. I'm gonna scrap the tertiary all together. To be honest I didn't work on it much at all and just kind of half-heartedly slapped it in there, not sure why. Wordmarks are something I've always had trouble with, what suggestions would you have? Should I make the F the same size as all the other letters, and not have the top go over the other letters?

dp - I see what you're saying, but it's not supposed to be that far in the distance. I pretty much copied a photo for inspiration. The near wing probably looks closer because it's coming at you more, if that makes sense.

Thanks for the comments guys.

GBM - I'm gonna take some of your suggestions. I probably will end up changing the name to Fairfield, you'd be the one to know about fans in that region. I'm gonna scrap the tertiary all together. To be honest I didn't work on it much at all and just kind of half-heartedly slapped it in there, not sure why. Wordmarks are something I've always had trouble with, what suggestions would you have? Should I make the F the same size as all the other letters, and not have the top go over the other letters?

dp - I see what you're saying, but it's not supposed to be that far in the distance. I pretty much copied a photo for inspiration. The near wing probably looks closer because it's coming at you more, if that makes sense.

Right now I don't think it would matter, as long as the top is standard size(or even extends the whole way across, just doesn't stop in the middle), IMO. I would say normal size if I had to, though. And maybe you don't even have to have the city name in the wordmark, plenty of teams don't. All I'm saying is don't try to force it in there; if there is a better way to fit it in then definitely go ahead.

Logos:

Fighters-logos-11.png

Fighters-uniforms-11.png

This looks great. One little thing though, it's kind of small, but I would flip the plane around on the left sleeve to make it face forwards. Other than that though this is very nice. My favorite so far.

Well, here's mine the Columbus Browns (I know, I'm creative :P ):

Logos and Helmet:

ColumbusBrownsLogoSheet.png

Jerseys:

ColumbusBrownsJerseysSheet.png

Pants:

ColumbusBrownsPantsSheet.png

C&C Please

Wow...good stuff. My only question is why you didn't just call the team the Warhawks? To me that's a much cooler name. Just a thought.

BTW, did you know the famous shark mouths are still flying today? The 'Flying Tigers' were the American Volunteer Group and actually flew under Chinese colors before the U.S. entered WWII. When they entered the Army Air Corps (as the Air Force was called then), they became the 23rd Fighter Group. Today, they're the 23rd Tactical Fighter Wing and fly A-10 Thunderbolts. They're still the 'Flying Tigers', and an aircraft must fly 10 missions to earn its 'teeth'.

Then...

3FLYINGTIGERS.JPG

Now...

a10el194.jpg

dmchiefsna6.png

and the field

dmfxz2.png

DES MOINES CAN BE THE SAINTS TEAM

dmchiefsna6.png

and the field

dmfxz2.png

DES MOINES CAN BE THE SAINTS TEAM

Des Moines has no proximity to New Orleans, see (about a 13 day walk).

TURN YOUR CAPS-LOCK OFF!

NOW!!!