Washington Capitals Concept Logo

josh_cat_eyes

I have not been putting stuff up very much since I got my MacBook a couple months ago. I admit, it took some getting use to. Anyway, now that I am pretty comfortable with it, I figured I give a shot a a logo. I have made a couple but I just never posted them. Anyway here is my first logo completely "Made on a Mac"

capitals.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Not being a hockey fan, you should take my thoughts with a grain of salt (after all, what do I know?). But, if your goal was to improve on this:

capitals_primary_logo.jpg

I don't think you've succeeded. There is nothing wrong with the execution, but your logo just isn't as stylish as the original. It seems a bit more generic

And I'm curious, what is the significance of the added stars?

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

yeah, i don't like this if you were trying to improve the logo. you removed the custom font that flows well with the hockey stick imagery and replaced it with a generic font...never good. you added some stars and didn't italicize the city name. other than that, i just don't see the "concept" here.

I was really going for more of a retro look. Also the added stars are the same colors in the same order as the original logo. The last star is also the . on the i. As for the city name. It took me forever to find the font I wanted. I originally had it italicized, but it didn't look right over the stars.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived