Sign in to follow this  
Mac the Knife

United Football League

If this kind of focus is applied to actual, on-field football, these guys might just survive beyond a year.

Link

Well, they might if their business plan didn't flat out say, "Let's ignore history and directly challenge the NFL."

Mcnabb is going to the UFL?

United Falafel Lovers.

If this kind of focus is applied to actual, on-field football, these guys might just survive beyond a year.

Link

Well, they might if their business plan didn't flat out say, "Let's ignore history and directly challenge the NFL."

Actually, based on parsing through the claims of one of their nutbar supporters on the AFL boards, I am now convinced this is the second coming of the World Football League. Oh the hilarity.

Link

Actually, based on parsing through the claims of one of their nutbar supporters on the AFL boards, I am now convinced this is the second coming of the World Football League. Oh the hilarity.

Hey, if it brings back magenta jerseys, I'm all for it. Now, bring on the Shreveport Steamer!

i thought they were in cleveland.,.....

Close, but you've got the wrong league.

The one that looks like it actually may have a shot is the new USFL in Spring of 2010...this could be a vaild option for players who dont get drafted or get cut to play there way onto a NFL team

Looks can be deceiving. In terms of where they are organizationally, I'd say the UFL is light years ahead of any other potential league looking to debut in the next 1-3 years.

Looks can be deceiving. In terms of where they are organizationally, I'd say the UFL is light years ahead of any other potential league looking to debut in the next 1-3 years.

So you're saying none of the leagues will succeed. Right?

So you're saying none of the leagues will succeed. Right?

Put it this way - if I had $10 to bet on any of their survival, I'd keep it in my pocket.