The Ottawa Senators

MattMilone

So here's a update to the Sens, who I think needed some tweaks to their sets in general, and also, a huge overhaul on that third jersey. A few notes: 1) Ignore the title "Home" on the white jersey, for it is the road sweater, 2) I finally took a lot of time to put a concept together, so please help me out: I xoxo C&C, I really want to make this a great concept, not just an average one. And . . .

UPDATED -

-Used the 2D logo on both home and away

-Adjusted the little black snafu on the third

-Fixed home collar to be less . . . of an eye sore

-Stuck with ONE shoulder logo

-Other minor little things

-Last thing: tried matching the 3rd jerseys numbers to share the "O" style . . . looked so damn odd, it hurt

Ottawa_Logo.png

Ottawa_Home-1.png

Ottawa_Away-1.png

Ottawa_Third-1.png

Ottawa_Misc.png

Thanks a lot ladies and gents, C&C your hearts out.

These are really shnazzy! Maybe make the number(s) on the third black, to match the O. I don't know, that's the first thing that came to mind.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Those are great uniforms, and the production value is through the roof. Really professional job here! Love the third in particular. The striping is beautiful. I'm usual not a fan of side panels, but in this case they work very well. Good decision on the primary logo. I think you should keep the numbers on the third white, for contrast's sake.

Now for the critiques...

1. I don't like the collar style, at all. Maybe just a simple black collar would work better.

2. A little more gold on the third possibly?

3. More gold on the socks and pants. More gold everywhere, come to think of it.

4. Different number font?

Anyways, a really great concept. I'd love to see the Sens hit the ice in those. Just a little more gold, and ka-ching!

scotland_fifasig.png

Two things that came to mind when I saw these:

1) Why does the alt have two shades of black?

You've got to pick one and stick to it.

2) And what's with the shoulder patches?

They don't match on any of the jerseys, the alt has one shoulderpatch the same as the chest logo, and the home and away each have three different logos on them. I'd eliminate the Ontario flag, use the O-logo on both sides of the home and away, and one of the centurion logos on both shoulders of the alt.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Wow... just wow.... I'm on board for this 100%.

3 points to nitpick:

1-The shoulder patch on the home/away should be the =O=.

2-Both the away and home jerseys should have the same logo. Not gonna tell you which one to use, go with your heart. It's just that it always bugged the crap out of me when the Sens were using 2 different logos as their primary and I'd hate for them to go back to that.

3-Ditch the Ontario flag. The Sens are trying to draw fans from the Gatineau (Quebec) region and this is a step in the wrong direction.

In response to logocruncher's "gold on the black alt" idea. I disagree as it would take away from the classic feel of the jersey.

Also, I totally dig the #8 reference, (If that was intentional)

thecatch.jpg

I really like this concept but there is one thing that is bugging me. The numbers on the sleeves look too low. I understand the intention of having them in that area, but where they are now, they would be in the elbow region on a player. I feel that if they were moved up just a little bit, the concept would be complete, along with some off the other suggestions people have said already.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Wow these are nice! I have to agree the third needs to be the same black in the stripes across the chest, but maybe there was a reason you did that...looks wise I mean. Other than that I like the jerseys...to bad someone couldn't save the team like you did their jerseys!!

Not that I care though...Go Bruins Go!!

These are really nice.

Things I like:

- Inclusion of the gold/bronze color in the home and away. It's not much, but it helps tie EVERYTHING together.

- Love the way the alternate looks.

- Even though there are no hem stripes, it works because the home is red, the road is white and the pants are black, so it works as a break for both sets.

Things I'd change:

- Lose the flags on the home and away.

- Pick one logo for the main crest on both the home and away.

- Pick one logo for the shoulders on the home and away.

You got the logos correct. And the colors.

The 2D logo on a red jersey should be the home. You got that right.

The 3D logo is fine for the home.

The bottom of the jerseys are a little plain. It is the Edge style though. You could add a gold band with the black feather things.

I'm not a fan of mismatching shoulder patches.

Any jersey that doesn't have the 2D logo on the front should have the 2D on both shoulders.

The alt could be more barberpoley. Is that a word?

Everyone loves a roundel.

Not knocking your concept, but how is this a "rebrand"?

A "rebrand" means original or reworked logos. All you've done is take existing logos and put them on a template.

In the first post, I did mention that this was more a "tweaking" than anything else. I know what you mean though, and "rebrand," mostly applies to the NHL 2009 Rebrand, which in many cases will be much more . . . rebranded . . . concepts, whereas this one was pretty much adding a panel, fixing a collar, and re-imagining the third. but . . .

UPDATE 1, see first post.

BEAUTIFUL!!! Huge improvements all around...love the collar, dig that 2D logo, sleeve patches are right on...just one thing to change, IMO. Maybe continue the stripe around the sleeve numbers all the way around the sleeve. I understand you're trying to make it look like the =O= logo, but on the chest the stripes go all the way around and quite frankly it doesn't look so hot right now. Great job though!

scotland_fifasig.png

Archived