sizemorematters' Random Hockey Crossover Concepts

crashcarson15

Well, since nobody requested a team next, I went ahead and did the AL Champion Rays. I felt the Rays should stick to more of the animal ray as opposed to sun rays. I also felt the light blue is a strong enough identity for a team, so I made it the home like the Thrashers. I am going to work on a new Swarm alternate next. C&C Please.

6fQjS3M.png

First of all, great work on the Yankees. One thing I would personally do, even though there aren't white home jerseys in the NHL, is to make the white the home since the Yankees wear the pinstripes at home. It's kind of an iffy decision because the MLB wears white homes and the NHL has colored homes. But, in the end it's entirely up to the creator. By the way, I love the use of pinstripes on the sleeves.

Secondly, the Rays concept. I can't say that I'm exactly feeling this one. You go from all-out yellow piping on the home to no yellow in the others, exept for the logos. I personally would have made the home jersey navy and the alternate powder blue, but that's me. Great work on the away and alternate, but I would tone down the use of yellow in the home, or add some to the away and alternate. Now what would be REALLY sweet is a throwback Rays jersey with the gradient. ^_^

Great job so far, and good luck on the rest of your crossovers.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Okay, I'll continue here (and yes, I would like more C&C on the Swarm)

Okay, I'll give you some (as a Swarm season-ticket holder no less). In a word, meh. They're not terrible but the Wild letter and number fonts you used don't work as well with the Swarm, especially now that the two teams are no longer owned by the same guy. And you don't include the Swarm secondary logo in any of your jerseys.

Personally I'd like to see the Swarm use the same font for their numbers as they do with their letters, instead of the garish spikey yellow numbers they use now. They did this for their infamous "Hawaiian Night" alts last year:

And the alts could use the secondary logo as their crest. Again, I refer you to the Hawaiian Night jersey:

I made a new alternate with the alternate logo for the Swarm. I used the OCR A Extended font, as it is similar to the ones on those jerseys.

First of all, great work on the Yankees. One thing I would personally do, even though there aren't white home jerseys in the NHL, is to make the white the home since the Yankees wear the pinstripes at home. It's kind of an iffy decision because the MLB wears white homes and the NHL has colored homes. But, in the end it's entirely up to the creator. By the way, I love the use of pinstripes on the sleeves.

I switched the home and road for the Yanks. I was thinking of doing that, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. I will probably update the Rays here soon.

6fQjS3M.png

Secondly, the Rays concept. I can't say that I'm exactly feeling this one. You go from all-out yellow piping on the home to no yellow in the others, exept for the logos. I personally would have made the home jersey navy and the alternate powder blue, but that's me. Great work on the away and alternate, but I would tone down the use of yellow in the home, or add some to the away and alternate. Now what would be REALLY sweet is a throwback Rays jersey with the gradient. ^_^

Great job so far, and good luck on the rest of your crossovers.

The more I thought about it, powder blue just didn't work as a home jersey, so I switched it and the navy jersey. I also took the yellow out of the powders (of course, the Thrashers can't choose a color to use :) )

6fQjS3M.png

I son't like the rays one much. Just seems plain. Also why have the logo with the baseball diamond on the alt.

Do you think it would look better if I removed the bases from it or not? And I went plain on purpose, as the Rays' jerseys were pretty plain this year (with the white outline on the white homes).

6fQjS3M.png

I son't like the rays one much. Just seems plain. Also why have the logo with the baseball diamond on the alt.

Do you think it would look better if I removed the bases from it or not? And I went plain on purpose, as the Rays' jerseys were pretty plain this year (with the white outline on the white homes).

Maybe the script, or tb logo

you could try the diamond without the bases though.

I made a new alternate with the alternate logo for the Swarm. I used the OCR A Extended font, as it is similar to the ones on those jerseys.

The alts are sweet! I still think the secondary needs to go on the shoulders of the regular home and road jerseys though. Either that or use the same blue-on-white "bug wing vein" pattern that you use for the alt shoulders.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived