2008 Rams home uniforms

dennisbergan

Since the Rams and their new clueless owners, have ditched the gold pants, here is a rememberance for everyone of how the Rams used to look (and should look again).

Since Haslett has taken over as head coach (at least for another week), the Rams have worn the same two tired pants combos, at home and on the road. White pants at home; blue pants on the road. Yawn. No change-up. Just the same tired combos, week-in, week-out. And, they still suck on the field too. Anyway, hopefully, things change in 2009 and the bottom photo, won't be such a distant memory....

NFLF-Marc_Bulger_122406.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im not sure if im able to do this but here is the full option list....

fullunioptions.jpg

While I do like all three pant options, they should have mixed it up all season....

Three pants option can be OK (sometimes) but the problem is when it creates the impression that there isn't a set "primary".

Plus, the stripe choices on the white and blue are really dumb. Not only is there no continuity with the striping from the jersey, but there isn't even any continuity between the two pants. What, were they designed by people who were unaware the other pieces even existed?

Gold is really the only set they should ever wear, and it really bothers me that they don't any more.

The blue jerseys, especially, should ONLY be worn with gold pants.

The white jerseys actually look okay with any of the three, but gold is far and away the best option.

The white pants look TERRIBLE with the blue jerseys, because there is simply not enough white in the blue uniform. Were the numbers white (not that I want that), it would probably work.

And while I don't hate monochrome, all blue does not look good with the Rams set.

Oh, and Jim Haslett has just about no shot of being retained any longer.

Gold pants look great at home, and the navy ones look great on the road. Throw the white ones in sporadically and that would be the best usage.

I agree 100%.

Navy blue jersey's/gold pants should be the primary home uniform, worn 6 or 7 times a year.

White jerseys/blue pants should be the PRIMARY road uniform, worn 5 or 6 times a year.

Navy blue jersey's/navy blue pants would be the "change-up" home uniform, worn 1 or 2 times a year.

White jerseys/white pants would be the "change-up" road uniform, worn 2 or 3 times a year (I think the white pants look best with the white jersey; they just don't look right with the blue jersey).

I actually like the Rams uniforms; but am very tired of the white pants look at home. They just look drab and with a boring, losing team, that is a bad combo. Especially, when the far superior gold pants, haven't been worn at home since August (and only were worn once all year in the regular season).

I just don't understand, why some teams are so "stodgy" with their looks. If you are a team like the Cardinals (red pants) or the Vikings (purple pants) or the Broncos (navy pants) or even the Titans (could sneak the white pants in with the light blue jersey's every-once-in-a-while) and have approved game pants ready to be worn, why leave them in the hamper all year? Why look the same, all year long? Lighten up, and have some fun with things, every now and then. Its fun for the players and the fans, to bust out a different look every-now-and-then, over a really long season. Its not like you have to be Oregon, and have a different uniform for seemingly every game. But, you don't have to wear the same color pants, for all 20 games you play in 2008, as a few teams have this year.

owners chip rosenbloom and lucia rodriguez like the look of Blue and white at home and white and blue on the road. they did wear the gold pants in seattle this season and during all the pre-season games

Maybe they should have bought the Chargers then instead.

Or the Texans.

In fact, if the Rams ever played the Texans in Houston in a meaningless late December game, you would have a "intersquad" scrimmage of uniforms. One team with navy blue helmets, navy blue jersey's, white pants, navy blue socks and white shoes against another team with navy blue helmets, white jersey's, navy blue pants, navy blue socks and white shoes. Ohh, the excitement.

Those owners need to wake up and get into the 21st century. Maybe instead of worrying about the color pants they "prefer", they could spend some time (and money) with their sad-sack franchise and the team/coaches on the field.

I disagree that white/blue should be the road combo.

I think most teams that have gold/silver/pewter pants should wear those primarily with BOTH jerseys. It's just a good and simple way to have a consistent look.

And it definitely had been working for the Rams.

But I don't mind the occasional white/blue or white/white look.

owners chip rosenbloom and lucia rodriguez like the look of Blue and white at home and white and blue on the road. they did wear the gold pants in seattle this season and during all the pre-season games

Maybe they should have bought the Chargers then instead.

Or the Texans.

In fact, if the Rams ever played the Texans in Houston in a meaningless late December game, you would have a "intersquad" scrimmage of uniforms. One team with navy blue helmets, navy blue jersey's, white pants, navy blue socks and white shoes against another team with navy blue helmets, white jersey's, navy blue pants, navy blue socks and white shoes. Ohh, the excitement.

Those owners need to wake up and get into the 21st century. Maybe instead of worrying about the color pants they "prefer", they could spend some time (and money) with their sad-sack franchise and the team/coaches on the field.

They didn't purchase the team at all. They inherited it from their mother.

They will likely sell it, too, but they're in no rush to do so, so the team isn't "for sale" persay.

And they are focusing on the front office coaching staff. The shakeup began today with the semi-forced resignation of long-time President of Football Operations-GM Jay Zygmunt. The resignation of Team President John Shaw will follow (though he won't 100% be gone from the organization).

First year advisor Billy Devaney will be promoted to GM (he's done good work this year and has a fresh outlook), and a search for a new head coach will commence under his watch.

I don't care for the ownerships tastes, either, but I have no complaints with Chip and Lucia thus far.

Gold pants look great at home, and the navy ones look great on the road. Throw the white ones in sporadically and that would be the best usage.

I agree 100%.

Navy blue jersey's/gold pants should be the primary home uniform, worn 6 or 7 times a year.

White jerseys/blue pants should be the PRIMARY road uniform, worn 5 or 6 times a year.

Navy blue jersey's/navy blue pants would be the "change-up" home uniform, worn 1 or 2 times a year.

White jerseys/white pants would be the "change-up" road uniform, worn 2 or 3 times a year (I think the white pants look best with the white jersey; they just don't look right with the blue jersey).

I actually like the Rams uniforms; but am very tired of the white pants look at home. They just look drab and with a boring, losing team, that is a bad combo. Especially, when the far superior gold pants, haven't been worn at home since August (and only were worn once all year in the regular season).

I just don't understand, why some teams are so "stodgy" with their looks. If you are a team like the Cardinals (red pants) or the Vikings (purple pants) or the Broncos (navy pants) or even the Titans (could sneak the white pants in with the light blue jersey's every-once-in-a-while) and have approved game pants ready to be worn, why leave them in the hamper all year? Why look the same, all year long? Lighten up, and have some fun with things, every now and then. Its fun for the players and the fans, to bust out a different look every-now-and-then, over a really long season. Its not like you have to be Oregon, and have a different uniform for seemingly every game. But, you don't have to wear the same color pants, for all 20 games you play in 2008, as a few teams have this year.

The Navy pants should not ever be worn again until they get some socks that will contrast with them. As always, dark pants on dark socks... ugly.

Gold is really the only set they should ever wear, and it really bothers me that they don't any more.

The blue jerseys, especially, should ONLY be worn with gold pants.

The white jerseys actually look okay with any of the three, but gold is far and away the best option.

The white pants look TERRIBLE with the blue jerseys, because there is simply not enough white in the blue uniform. Were the numbers white (not that I want that), it would probably work.

And while I don't hate monochrome, all blue does not look good with the Rams set.

Oh, and Jim Haslett has just about no shot of being retained any longer.

Bingo, bango!

I will add my usual thoughts when this topic arises, that the plain gold pants belong in college and the Rams need SOMETHING on theirs, whether it's a single blue stripe to mimic the helmet, a logo, or something. But they're not Notre Dame.

Amen, I for one love the blue gold look, but I hate the stripeless gold pants, they scream "COLLEGE" to me. Add a stripe(s), and wear them home and away, problem solved.

I will add my usual thoughts when this topic arises, that the plain gold pants belong in college and the Rams need SOMETHING on theirs, whether it's a single blue stripe to mimic the helmet, a logo, or something. But they're not Notre Dame.

Amen, I for one love the blue gold look, but I hate the stripeless gold pants, they scream "COLLEGE" to me.

Which college? :blink:

Based on how many schools have sold themselves to suppliers as a fashion experiment, "college" is the last word I'd use to describe them.

Amen, I for one love the blue gold look, but I hate the stripeless gold pants, they scream "COLLEGE" to me.

Based on how many schools have sold themselves to suppliers as a fashion experiment, "college" is the last word I'd use to describe them.

277705157_795d02c47c.jpg

Notre Dame

1849112601_ec4b6304b3-1.jpg

And Wake Forest come to mind.

You do make a good point however, with the Oregon and Hawaii and such experiments out there, using "College" as an adjective to describe traditional, or plain, is kind of a misnomer, at least anymore it is. That being said, stripeless pants, still says college to me. I guess you can just call me old fashioned.

277705157_795d02c47c.jpg

Notre Dame

......and UCLA.

Archived