2009 NBA All-Star Jerseys

Jumpman085

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice observations by everybody on these other uniforms. It is the first time that the Rookie Challenge will feature new jerseys, and hopefully, the last. The patches on the Saturday Night jerseys are awful; I hate to see the NBA with sponsor patches. (Isn't it inevitable that companies will run out places to advertise and resort to using the jerseys? I think we'll see this on all jerseys ten years from now, but it doesn't look any less horrible.)

As for the celebrity game, huge success. Great jerseys, especially when compared to last year's fashion jersey jazz-fest.

to.jpg

I remember when it was the Rookie game rather than the Rookie/Sophomore game, the first two games had one team in teal with white lettering, and the other in white with teal lettering...and the first year, both teams had NBA on the front, the second year they had their teams' names on there...and the year after that, they began wearing their normal uniforms. so yeah, first time under R/S format.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If it was that easy to just name a site than I would suggest having conferences alternate each year, kinda like what MLB has done (for the most part). But, like the Super Bowl, the NBA ASG is bid upon by teams. From what I understand the ASG isn't very profitable to teams, the NBA comes in and takes over the arena and ticketing with sponsors, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more cities with domes bidding on the ASG game. (ie-Reliant (Houston), Ford Field (Detroit), Lucas Oil (Indiana), etc.).

we'll see how it works out next year in dallas. personally, i dont see how you convince 65k+ to come and watch the nba all star game.

I believe fans will come, especially in cities that support their teams. I don't see the Atlanta and the Georgia Dome selling out, but in places where they support their team. Why not?

LOL :lol: !

Indiana Pacers =/= fan support.

:lol:

6fQjS3M.png

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Paul's jersey is for sale in the Hornet's Nest fan store (sorry for the fuzzy Blackberry pic):

cp3allstar.jpg

With his groin injury, it may not even be seen in action, though.

to.jpg

Hey, is that #9 Ando from Heroes? :blink:

It is what it is.

Hey, is that #9 Ando from Heroes? :blink:

Google me timbers and I'll be darned; it sure was:

HORNETS TEAM:

Chris Tucker (Rush Hour 3)

Common (2008 Grammy for Best Rap Perf. By a Duo or Group)

James Kyson Lee (Heroes)

Josh Peck (Drake and Josh).....

It is what it is.

and I bet somewhere on the boards, Shumway is agreeing with you

I've been eyeing that for a few weeks. Unfortunately, I don't have any kind of income right now, so I'm trying not to spend any money. But yeah, that's such an awesome jersey.

By the way, I read that Thunder'll be at All-Star Saturday Night...I'd assume in shooting stars.

Edit: He's competing in the Shooting Stars AND the Celebrity Game. Plus, he's judging the dunk contest with KJ, Ceballos, Nance, and Chambers. Dan Majerle's All-Star Weekend's gonna be awesome!

And upon searching the 1995 pics on the Suns site, here's more samples of the old Rookie jerseys (whatever happened to Wesley Person?):

allstar95_rookiegame_kidd.jpg

allstar95_rookiegame_person.jpg

And just 'cause :D :

allstar95_majerle_closeup.jpg

allstar95_majerle_overhead.jpg

I was looking through the Suns all-star images from today, and I came across some other stuff...nothing major.

Legends 3-Point contest jerseys, worn by Detlef Schrempf(!), David Thompson, and Jo Jo White. George Gervin also competed.

0212jam_three_white.jpg

Hall-of-Fame exhibit, featuring old jerseys. An update of the red one would be really nice.

0212jamhof_jerseys.jpg

The floor being installed

Allstar_Floor.jpg

What the fuzz? Those Rookie/Sophomore jerseys are hideous IMO. Why do they feel the need to stray from players wearing their own uniforms? I think that looks great for that kind of game. The players are basically just getting their name out there to the public, why wear the same jersey as everyone else in the game? Lame.

First of all, the answer to your question is $$$$$. (Though I don't know if they'll be selling these hideous things).

But I agree with you, that since many fans aren't familiar with all the young players, wearing their own team's uniforms helps you keep track of them.

I mean, are you going to recognize Aaron Brooks outside of a Rockets' jersey?

Definitely an upgrade from last year.

...And as strange as the Rookie/Sophomore jerseys are, they aren't half bad.

You're right, there FULL BAD

Maybe the rookies and Sophs shoul wear their college or Euro teams jersey? I think that would be cool. Far from happening, but cool.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived