2009 NBA All-Star Jerseys

Jumpman085

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are stitched, or embroidered. They aren't screen on or anything. If you're talking about the side panels, most side panels are never stitched on. The letters are a little shiny, some kind of plaster. This jersey is innovative in that it is extremely lightweight, that may be why they seem different than others.

They are stitched, or embroidered. They aren't screen on or anything. If you're talking about the side panels, most side panels are never stitched on. The letters are a little shiny, some kind of plaster. This jersey is innovative in that it is extremely lightweight, that may be why they seem different than others.

Now that you say that, it looks like they're the same material than the 3 stripes, but I don't think anything's sewn on at all, except the Adidas logo. I wish we could see inside to check for stitches. Also, the white layer is visible on the edge of the number, these things don't happen when it's sewn. If the 3 stripes are like the ones they use for soccer jerseys, I would say heatseal or screen. Logo freak, lextra, smells like Adi getting cheap european on the NBA but the uni still rox. In fact, giving up tackle twill totally makes sense when you want a lighter jersey, so next year they might come up with a sublimated uniform. All-stars playing in replicas, how ironic.

Yeah, wordmarks on NBA unis are never stitched on like the adidas logo on the shoulder is, but rather tackle twill. The wordmarks look tackle twill, don't they?

Regardless, they looked awesome last night. I think there were far too many patches and what not with the adidas logo, the team logo on the back, names underneath the number, and the 'PHX 09' on the back of the shorts, all were a bit distracting. Overall though, they looked great on court.

Actually, these uniforms did not feature any embroidering.

Instead, adidas opted to use "heated glue" to bond the numbers, names, et al to the uniform.

Here's a full press release noting this change, as well as some of the others made to this year's ASG uniform:

The 2009 NBA All-Star Uniform

For the first time ever, the new NBA All-Star uniforms from Adidas are being unveiled exclusively in men's fitness.

Here's what the league's best ballers will be sporting in Phoenix on February 15.

13782.jpg

HIGH-TECH PROTECTION

Together, the jersey and shorts are 31% lighter than the typical NBA uniform. Before, layers of twill were sewn together, bogging down the garment. Now added elements, like conference names and player numbers, are bonded on with a heated glue. From a comfort standpoint, the jerseys are tighter fitting and the seams are heat welded, not sewn. That means better mobility and less abrasion for players inside the uniforms.

GRIPPER WAIST BAND

League rules state that jerseys must stay tucked in at all times. The gripper elastic waistband keeps the jersey in place, giving players one less thing to worry about "in the heat of battle."

BETTER VENTILATION

Through athlete testing, Adidas conducted sport-specific studies on the body's "heat zones" areas where players tend to sweat more. Strategically placed holes over these key areas help the guys stay drier longer. The Adidas bodymapping technology works in conjunction with its TECHFIT compression garments, which are worn underneath the uniforms to aid in improved performance, fast recovery, and less fatigue.

PHOENIX-INSPIRED DESIGN

The influence of this year's host city in the design is undeniable. The horizontal lines resemble Arizona's rock formations, while the progression of color (desert red for the West, sunset blue for the East) is emblematic of the legendary bird rising from the flames.

The 2009 NBA All-Star jerseys are available online at NBAStore.com beginning Jan. 22. NBA All-Star Authentic Player Jerseys and Customized Jerseys: $200; NBA All-Star Swingman Jersey: $80; NBA All-Star Replica Jersey: $50.

http://www.mensfitness.com/sports_and_recreation/120

Just hope this does not become a standard though.

It wouldn't be a bad thing if it was standard. Its so much nicer and more modern than the traditional tackle twill. Even when you hear "glued" on, its very well attached to the fabric and it almost becomes a part of the fabric. The embroidery itself isn't embroidered like it has been, but more its bonded twill. That's not a perfect explaination but its the best I can do.

You really have to hold these in your hand to appreciate how nice the "embroidery" is.

These jerseys prove that names work much better below numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The collar was a little different, more like the collar of their previous jerseys minus the star. It seems like it may have been a kid's or women's replica version, being so form fitting and tight. It just helped him look more like Superman with the skin tight uniform.

It wouldn't be a bad thing if it was standard. Its so much nicer and more modern than the traditional tackle twill. Even when you hear "glued" on, its very well attached to the fabric and it almost becomes a part of the fabric. The embroidery itself isn't embroidered like it has been, but more its bonded twill. That's not a perfect explaination but its the best I can do.

You really have to hold these in your hand to appreciate how nice the "embroidery" is.

Too add to that, it helps the player performance on how they play. Just as we saw in the NHL and they tested them in out at the All-star game as well. Maybe in a couple of years, or sooner we shall see them in the NBA.

I wouldn't mind them seeing them use for the Raptors down the line...hint, hint.

4kv29i.jpg

Too add to that, it helps the player performance on how they play. Just as we saw in the NHL and they tested them in out at the All-star game as well. Maybe in a couple of years, or sooner we shall see them in the NBA.

I wouldn't mind them seeing them use for the Raptors down the line...hint, hint.

PCGD I kinda feel you but you're right I'd have to hold the new uni to see the difference. Until then, nothing revolutionnary to me. Might be wrong, but when I hear "heated glue" I think heatpress, heatsealed numbers, even heat pistol, in a word : a downgrade. I know tackle twill isn't the latest invention, but when watching a closeup, at least I can notice the zigzag stitches, the contrast between dull fabric and shiny embellishment, its rigidity so it doesn't fold when in motion, all this contributes to the image of the league and its teams. Plus I'm not sure tackle twill would be cheaper than heated glue, except if these use high-frequency technology (unlikely). To conclude, as I said in my previous post, if you talk weight and performance, you should consider sublimated jerseys, if you want prestige, you have to go tackle twill. I dont know where this one stands, I couldn't tell it from another $5 glitter transfer.

Still, to me it's the best All-Star uni of the whole adidas era.

Are you saying the Raptors are getting new jerseys? :rolleyes:

PCGD I kinda feel you but you're right I'd have to hold the new uni to see the difference. Until then, nothing revolutionnary to me. Might be wrong, but when I hear "heated glue" I think heatpress, heatsealed numbers, even heat pistol, in a word : a downgrade. I know tackle twill isn't the latest invention, but when watching a closeup, at least I can notice the zigzag stitches, the contrast between dull fabric and shiny embellishment, its rigidity so it doesn't fold when in motion, all this contributes to the image of the league and its teams. Plus I'm not sure tackle twill would be cheaper than heated glue, except if these use high-frequency technology (unlikely). To conclude, as I said in my previous post, if you talk weight and performance, you should consider sublimated jerseys, if you want prestige, you have to go tackle twill. I dont know where this one stands, I couldn't tell it from another $5 glitter transfer.

Still, to me it's the best All-Star uni of the whole adidas era.

Actually, if it is Lextra, it is high frequency technology. Check out fiberlok.com they are the manufacturers of Lextra. It is actually pretty cool stuff.

Archived