Strong Possibility of New UW Husky Uniforms

bterreson

What about something like this. A mix of the old/new/ and different with a single stripe and more traditional numbers.

uw09.jpg

Winnipeg Blue Bombers? Is Winnipeg suppose to look like Washington? Is there somehow a history between the two?

I'm not a fan of that concept.

I dont like the single stripe, I would like pant stripe to match the current helmet stripe.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I think what Washington had in the early 90s was so boring. Sure they look fine, but from a style perspective, they do nothing for Washington. Just bland stuff that's didn't stand out when they first used the unis. They have a nice logo (husky), nice colors, nice uniforms, crappy football team. 3/4 ain't bad.

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

• 9 months later...

I agree they don't look "regal" enough today. White jersey, gold pants. What's the problem there?

Why f@&k with something that's really, really good?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

I would love to see the Husky silhouette on the sleeve. Tt's too good of a logo NOT to use it.

Husky fans, especially those over 40, HATE it. Call it the "weasel".

That's partly why, even as a Coug fan, I like it. I also like it because it's good design. Which is why it makes sense UW avoids it like the plague.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Stick with what you got. Current unis are best.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

For those fans of the "weasel", dont get your hopes up. It seems to me they've been kinda phasing it out recently in the official husky merchandise, it wouldnt surprise me if they scrapped it all together soon.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

• 1 month later...

I don't really want to start a new thread so:

Today the Huskies are wearing White tops on Gold Bottoms. First time this Season. I'm not quite sure when the last time we wore this look was- usually it's White on Purple.

I like, although the goodness is diminished by the crappy quality on FSN's broadcast, even in HD. The Pac-10 needs to team up with a real cable network. Which I guess means ESPN.

One thing, they need to have metallic gold pants to match the helmets. The metallic helmets/matte pants just don't look nearly as good. Then again, many football teams have the same problem, so can't bang on UW too hard for it.

Archived