If it were up to me...

_RH_

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I guess no one is as interested in this idea as me as there aren't any comments but here is the 5th set.

Ottawa: Used third template, simplified profile logo, added gold to flag logo.

Ottawa.png

Philadelphia: Used throwbacks.

Philadelphia.png

Phoenix: Added waist stripe and different shoulder patches on each arm.

Phoenix.png

Pittsburgh: Broke the Pitt. rule of black and gold to return to original colors. Used current template but altered areas which were colored.

Pittsburgh.png

San Jose: Used Buffalo template and logo without the triangular border. Fin logo used on shoulders.

SanJose.png

Any comments welcome.

That's really a good use of the Sabres' template for the Sharks there. On the white jersey, I'd move the orange piping to where the green is on the under-sleeve; and vice-versa.

Props for both shoulder logos for the 'Yotes. Makes the jersey seem more balanced to me.

Ok, here's the 4th of 6 groups.

Montreal: Removed bottom stripes, used old alt as white jersey. Side numbers now in arm bands.

Montreal.png

Any comments welcome.

I've always loved how those white Canadiens jerseys look... until I see them on the ice.

It's not your fault, but the dominance of blue makes them look like the Leafs.

• 2 months later...

Well I'm back home for spring break so I did the 6th group.

St. Louis: Removed lighter blue from color scheme. Brought back trumpet logo. Created new number font.

StLouis.png

Tampa Bay: Removed black from color scheme. Used all-star template. Kept "victory stripes."

TampaBay.png

Toronto: Unified stripes on arm and torso. Used 35-point leaf.

Toronto.png

Vancouver: Used new Johnny, unified arm and torso stripes.

Vancouver.png

Washington: Switched script and "W" logos positions.

Washington.png

I would appreciate any comments.

Pittsburgh.png

The problem with this and many Pen's concepts that revert back to the two toned blue is the logo. There is a reason behind the triangle and it's gold color. Downtown Pittsburgh is referred to as the Golden Triangle, so making the triangle blue takes away the logo's purpose.

Pittsburgh.png

The problem with this and many Pen's concepts that revert back to the two toned blue is the logo. There is a reason behind the triangle and it's gold color. Downtown Pittsburgh is referred to as the Golden Triangle, so making the triangle blue takes away the logo's purpose.

I am just glad the uniforms is not up to you!

spacer.png

I think that I'm about a 50/50 split on liking some of these and not like others. I think that the Preds concept is probably one of the best I've ever seen because that is a very unique colour scheme and it goes with the team name. IMO the worst set is the Wild. It just looks way too plain. The colour scheme makes the logo look extremely boring.

g4104.png

Thanks to your latest bump, I just discovered your redesign series, and I have to say that you've got some awesome work in here. The Carolina, Minnesota, Montreal, New Jersey, and Phoenix (except for the red coyote on the red jersey) really grabbed my attention. But you've really got to go back and do something about that Avalanche set*. I know that the Edge design limits some of the uniqueness that the Avs once had (aka the mountain range piping), but the single small pipe with just a logo crest is really...not doing it for me.

* I realize you don't have to do anything, but I felt like I should say it anyway :P .

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I am just glad the uniforms is not up to you!

I guess I'm just not a fan of meaningless logos. Not that a Browns' fan would understand that... :P

The rest of the jersey is fine, however.

Ducks: Perfect. Love the addition of the "d" logo.

Thrashers: Perfect. Love the use of the alternate template. It really fits. Like what you have done with both jerseys as well. Really brings some consistency to their design.

Bruins: Perfect

Sabres: Perfect. Love the retro style with the modern numbers and the alt lgo.

Flames: I like the elimination of the black, but I don't like the template you chose.

Canes: Switch the logo and its perfect

Hawks: Perfect

Avs: I don't like the elimination of the arms being a different color. I like the current jerseys better, but the originals the best.

Jackets: Perfect

Dallas: I think it is weird looking to have the arm band be the same color as the rest of the jersey. On the home jersey have the order of colors on the arm band go; gold, white, green and on the road jersey have them go; gold green white. Hope you know what I mean.

Red Wings: For practical purposes, you can't make their jersey any better than it already is.

Oilers: Perfect. Love the retro style with the modern numbers. Needs some sort of alt logo though. Perhaps just an oil drop.

Panthers: Really like what you have done here. Love the way the arms and waste all curve up and the logo is angled like that too.

Kings: Perfect. Love the elimination of the black and the emphasis on the silver. Very clean looking too.

Wild: Don't really like anything about this design at all.

Habs: For design sake, this is perfect. But your practical purposes, the habs will never change their jerseys, nor should they.

Preds: WOW!!!! Unreal. I absolutely love it. Everything about it. The colors, template, numbers. Just everything!

Isles: Interesting. I like the retro style, but I would rather the lighthouse logo be used as a crest.

Rangers: Perfect. Love the addition of the re-colored lady liberty.

Devils: As good as it probably can get. I liked when they had the white should yoke outline curved all of the way around.

Sens: Don't like it. I think in terms of logos, the sens are set now (minus their alternate jersey logo) but they just need to get a good jersey template.

Flyers: I really like this, but I'd actually rather what they have now. Its a good update of a classic design.

Coyotes: Nice design, but I think it is getting over used for them. I'd like to see one of those new logos, but unfortunately they are not available yet.

Pens: No, sorry. Doesn't do it for me.

Sharks: Brilliant! The arms remind me of a shark swimming. That is probably the best use of that template I have ever seen. I love that logo n the shoulder too!

Blues: I would have used their new alternate template. Other than that, its is very sharp. Love the new numbers as well as the trumpet logo.

Tampa Bay: I don't really like it. Bad choice of template. I really like their alternate one. I'd rather their current crest though.

Leafs: Pretty much perfect. I would change a few things but thats just because i am picky with leafs concepts. I'd love to see them wear those. One thing is the blue on blue leaf for the roads...that wouldn't work.

Canucks: Interesting. I like that logo, but I see it as more of a promo logo than anything else. Perhaps an alternate logo on a shoulder or a helmet like they do now.

Caps: Switch the logos and your good.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

New York I: Brought back the fisherman, removed net and teal from logo, used third template and old alt font. Lighthouse shoulder patch.

NeyYorkI.png

this actually doesnt look bad. i love the colors though, theyre perfect like that. i dont want to see the current logo go because its like a classic. it would be interesting to see the lighthouse as a main logo. the fisherman logo looks alright like this too. once again, i love the colors of it and how well it pops.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Ok, here's the 4th of 6 groups.

New York I: Brought back the fisherman, removed net and teal from logo, used third template and old alt font. Lighthouse shoulder patch.

NeyYorkI.png

Any comments welcome.

lets see...

fisherman. Check.

Lighthouse. Check.

The C2C2006 approves of this concept. well done sir.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Not really a big fan of staying so EDGE with them, no bottom stripes and plain ugly single stripes going up.

Also NOOOOOO on the Penguins. Idk if I'm the only one, but I HATE blue in the Penguins.

Other than that they look good.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived