Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

9dtq0qlm5fg5e5nhaipw.gif

The red in this logo forms an "A," and the blue around the eye forms an "a."

Wow. Never noticed that one.

And on another note, why the hell aren't the Hawks using this logo as their primary already??

this is similar to the arizona cards.

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=kwth8f1cfa2sch5xhjjfaof90

the red makes an A and the eye is a C. i don't know if i'm the only one who sees it.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9dtq0qlm5fg5e5nhaipw.gif

The red in this logo forms an "A," and the blue around the eye forms an "a."

Wow. Never noticed that one.

And on another note, why the hell aren't the Hawks using this logo as their primary already??

this is similar to the arizona cards.

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=kwth8f1cfa2sch5xhjjfaof90

the red makes an A and the eye is a C. i don't know if i'm the only one who sees it.

The A is a strech. Generally, when you have to turn a logo sideways to see something, it's not there. (See the infamous "avalanche face")

Just noticed this one. Yes, I checked all 13 pages to make sure it wasn't mentioned:

b9hvwjslf7jzh18ej6y4.gif

There is a "W", yes, but the bottom of the logo has the Capitol building. Clever

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

The inside of Oregon's "O" logo is supposed to represent the historic Hayward Field while the outside represents Autzen Stadium. I thought it was pretty cool and gave the O a unique shape while incorporating 2 of our most historic facilities

The inside of Oregon's "O" logo is supposed to represent the historic Hayward Field while the outside represents Autzen Stadium. I thought it was pretty cool and gave the O a unique shape while incorporating 2 of our most historic facilities

WOW! Now that you mention it, I can really see what you are talking about. I always new there was something behind the O. That's really cool!

For those that haven't been able to see the beaver yet (and it took me a good 15 minutes--I seriously thought it was a CCSLC-wide joke), maybe this will help:

Original:

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Modified to highlight beaverocity:

Beaver.gif

Sorry this is 2 pages too late, but this made me lol so hard I cried. God bless you, good sir.

galaxy.png

The Penguins logos triangular shapes represent the "Golden Triangle" in Pittsburgh where the Monongahelia and Allegheny Rivers meet to form the Ohio River.

174.gif175.gif

brief_2001-pittsburgh04.jpg

The Steelers had a "golden triangle" jersey, as well:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...manUniforms.jpg

Ok, I just one I've never seen suggested...maybe I'm letting my imagination get carried away, but...

I clicked on the old Milwaukee/Atlanta Braves logo with the laughing Indian, and got to thinking about the weird orientation of the feather on the back of Chief Nokahoma's head. Could the feather and the shape of the head be intended to be shaped like a tomahawk?

Looks like the tomahawk was there immediately before the move to Milwaukee. But they didn't do things that clever back then did they?

I always found that logo really disturbing as a kid. Even more than Chief Wahoo (of course I gave Chief Wahoo a pass as a Cleveland fan!)

My other speculation that I've never seen mentioned - I think the circle, swish of snow, and puck in the Colorado Avalanche logo form a Q for Quebec. It's more of a Q than a C, thanks to the puck...

I was going to make a Batman joke, but then I saw that somebody beat me to it in the links. :blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived