Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

Dr. Phillips HS Panthers in Orlando, FL. Not really hidden by any means, but seems to have some commonality with some of the logos presented in this thread.

panther.jpg

In the same vein:

torch_300.JPG

Similar, not hidden:

kelllonghornwithcolor.gif

Kell High School in Georgia

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
I just barely noticed this one.

The "M" from this logo:

437.gif

comes from the forehead of the horse on the primary:

dallasmavericks.png

It's more like the "M" on the horse in the primary is supposed to double as part of its mane. At least that's how I always interpreted it, as a giant M in the middle of a horse's forehead by itself just doesn't seem right (I'm thinking along the lines of the Baltimore Raven's logo with that explicit "B" on the Raven's head). Plus, I think this secondary's M is closer to the horse's M than the one you posted.

438.gif

Anyway, I've never liked that secondary logo. It just looks too rough. I'd love it if they added some green somewhere to a logo or tried doing a secondary logo that pays homage to the cowboy hat M logo.

Didn't want to bump the thread just for this, but now that it's back:

tostitos.jpg

Probably more of a case of not paying attention than "hidden," but while looking at some Tostitos salsa a while back I wondered why they would highlight those particular three letters. Then I realized it forms two people sharing a chip over a bowl of salsa. It's right there and obvious now, but I guess before I just read over it.

this was a very interesting topic. im glad it got bumped up to the boards for me to see, because so many things in this thread fascinated me. whoever started this topic was genius. I just wish we didnt spend so much time on that dumb beaver and the stupid "face" in the Avalanche logo. Still, excellent thread! Thanks!

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

tostitos.jpg

Probably more of a case of not paying attention than "hidden," but while looking at some Tostitos salsa a while back I wondered why they would highlight those particular three letters. Then I realized it forms two people sharing a chip over a bowl of salsa. It's right there and obvious now, but I guess before I just read over it.

Okay that one just SERIOUSLY busted my brain. I've seriously never noticed that before. Wow.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

tostitos.jpg

Okay that one just SERIOUSLY busted my brain. I've seriously never noticed that before. Wow.

You people are dissapointing me. I thought that was extremely obvious, but her you are just making a revelation. Come on.

glossysig5.png

Since this thread is back, here's the greatest accidental hidden detail of all time:

ogc.gif

I'm not gonna spoil it with an explanation.

EDIT: Even more hilariously, a look at their website shows it's still being used.

I don't see anything. :blink:

g4104.png

Archived