Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I've heard the "St. Louis team" rumor before. I don't believe it to be true. It doesn't really make sense.

Especially given how the "T" is so small compared to the other two letters. If it truly stood for Saint Louis Team instead of St. Louis, the letters would be more equal in size.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 7 months later...

I've been a Flyers fan since '86 (or at least that's when I can remember watching games on uhf) and for several years, never realized that their logo was a P - I thought it was just a cool icon with no real meaning.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I saw the Beaver first, then the trapper!

Seriously, some of these posts (like the Timberwolves) are just examples of DETAILS, not meanings.

Some? Most of the posts are like that lol. Most of them are obvious at that. Though like BBTV, i grew up thinking that the Flyers logo was just a logo, not a P with wings

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The STL on the Browns and Cardinals caps stands for St. Louis.

During the Browns first season in St. Louis they wore StL on their jerseys. According to BBHOF site the Cards have had "STL" on their caps from at least 1900. If STL was to stand for "St.Louis Team" the "t" would not be on the "S", instead it would be more prominent as another poster suggested.

I've been a Flyers fan since '86 (or at least that's when I can remember watching games on uhf) and for several years, never realized that their logo was a P - I thought it was just a cool icon with no real meaning.

LOL!

and your the guy who said the 'H' in the Whalers logo was so obvious. c'mon now :)

My dad has been a flyer fan since birth, 1973, and he also didn't realize until he was 18 that it was a winged P.

You are not alone Good Sir.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• 10 months later...

If you flip the Florida Tuskers logo around (at least flip the way it's shown on this site), the black part of the tusker makes an F and the silver part is a T. Also, the nostrils in the snout is a T as well, just like on the helmet stripe.

dy3rl2.gif

2qn5x0k.gif

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Archived