nyiles39

Hidden meanings in logos

Yeah, I've heard the "St. Louis team" rumor before. I don't believe it to be true. It doesn't really make sense.

943.gif

According to this site, there is an airplane landing on a football in this Jets alternate.

thats quite possibly the dumbest logo anywhere. ever.

Yeah, I've heard the "St. Louis team" rumor before. I don't believe it to be true. It doesn't really make sense.

Especially given how the "T" is so small compared to the other two letters. If it truly stood for Saint Louis Team instead of St. Louis, the letters would be more equal in size.

I don't know how good this one is compared to others, or it's even been noticed before, but in the Minnesota Timberwolves alternate logo, there is a silhouette of a pine tree near the bottom of the wolf's neck.

5ggk1t3vhjd19mm1hp5xvn05t.gif

943.gif

According to this site, there is an airplane landing on a football in this Jets alternate.

thats quite possibly the dumbest logo anywhere. ever.

You are a dolphins fan, no wonder. :P

Not a lick of it.

Just bumping this because a friend recently said they can't find a P in the Flyers logo. It's a winged P, but they don't see it.

The Flyers "P" is obvious...how can they not see it? Ironically, after starting at the trapper in the first few pages, I still can't see that dang beaver...:lol:

I've been a Flyers fan since '86 (or at least that's when I can remember watching games on uhf) and for several years, never realized that their logo was a P - I thought it was just a cool icon with no real meaning.

I saw the Beaver first, then the trapper!

Seriously, some of these posts (like the Timberwolves) are just examples of DETAILS, not meanings.

I saw the Beaver first, then the trapper!

Seriously, some of these posts (like the Timberwolves) are just examples of DETAILS, not meanings.

Some? Most of the posts are like that lol. Most of them are obvious at that. Though like BBTV, i grew up thinking that the Flyers logo was just a logo, not a P with wings

The STL on the Browns and Cardinals caps stands for St. Louis.

During the Browns first season in St. Louis they wore StL on their jerseys. According to BBHOF site the Cards have had "STL" on their caps from at least 1900. If STL was to stand for "St.Louis Team" the "t" would not be on the "S", instead it would be more prominent as another poster suggested.

I've been a Flyers fan since '86 (or at least that's when I can remember watching games on uhf) and for several years, never realized that their logo was a P - I thought it was just a cool icon with no real meaning.

LOL!

and your the guy who said the 'H' in the Whalers logo was so obvious. c'mon now :)

My dad has been a flyer fan since birth, 1973, and he also didn't realize until he was 18 that it was a winged P.

You are not alone Good Sir.

Browsing on the Helmet Project site, immediately noticed this one I'd never seen before - Missouri Western State:

MissouriWesternState-Color.jpg

Clever and clearly recognizable. Love it.

I didn't notice it until I really looked, but I'm assuming it mimics the outline of Missouri.

State%20Map%20Missouri.jpg

If you flip the Florida Tuskers logo around (at least flip the way it's shown on this site), the black part of the tusker makes an F and the silver part is a T. Also, the nostrils in the snout is a T as well, just like on the helmet stripe.

dy3rl2.gif

2qn5x0k.gif

and another one I forgot

2i9pkjp.gif

University of Wisconsin-Whitewater's Warhawk has a UWW in purple on the left.

I see more of a WWV than a UWW. Am I the only one? Also, your sig is huge. Damn.