Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you flip the Florida Tuskers logo around (at least flip the way it's shown on this site), the black part of the tusker makes an F and the silver part is a T. Also, the nostrils in the snout is a T as well, just like on the helmet stripe.

dy3rl2.gif

2qn5x0k.gif

Now that's one of the best I've seen of using both the city/state and team name. I never saw the "F" and "T" until this post. Great one, kbaker19.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

If you have to flip the logo to see it, the "F" and "T" you see are not intentional.

That "F" is clearly intentional. No way that's pure luck or coincidence.

Must disagree - it's too suggestive an "F", not sufficiently clear, and backwards to boot.

You may be right, Gothamite, but is it backwards on the other side of the helmet too? Most teams have to reverse their logo on one side anyways, which would clearly show the black "F". This is a fun one, in fact, I just contacted their PR department. I'll paste the reply from the Florida Tuskers PR department as soon as I find out....I'm very curious about this one.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

The inside of Oregon's "O" logo is supposed to represent the historic Hayward Field while the outside represents Autzen Stadium. I thought it was pretty cool and gave the O a unique shape while incorporating 2 of our most historic facilities

Nice!!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

You may be right, Gothamite, but is it backwards on the other side of the helmet too? Most teams have to reverse their logo on one side anyways, which would clearly show the black "F".

Yes, but if they intended the black shadow to be an "F" they would have put it on the actual logo, not the helmet-flip version.

GKS Bełchatów is a football club from my home town

I could always recognize GKS clearly, especially in the old logo (they dropped the red because it's not connected to team colours at all).

5593350211_d46123741c.jpgGKS%20Belchatow.png

But only recently I realized that the whole logo is just a letter b.

To the soccer-fans here. In the Schalke 04 Logo is a white G which stands for the city Gelsenkirchen. Even some fans here in Germany didn't recognise that yet.

200px-FC_Schalke_04_Logo.svg.png

I saw them playing ManU the other day...was curious was the "G" stood for. Thanks.

gYH2mW9.png

You may be right, Gothamite, but is it backwards on the other side of the helmet too? Most teams have to reverse their logo on one side anyways, which would clearly show the black "F".

Yes, but if they intended the black shadow to be an "F" they would have put it on the actual logo, not the helmet-flip version.

Possibly, but it could've also been the artist being an "artist" and getting creative. I dunno.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Possibly, but it could've also been the artist being an "artist" and getting creative. I dunno.

Possibly, but it seems way too far-fetched to me.

Bump

Without a comment? Why?

Sorry, I had nothing to say, but another thread had linked to it, so I brought it back to the first page.

EDIT: The horn and the swoosh on the side of the Buffaslug form a Sabre.

6elec248g0248fybjjx0.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The current/classic/original/whatever you consider it Sabres logo, it's the only professional sports logo that conveys BOTH the city name and team name in it's logo using symbols.

And one of my favorite athlete logos is Ryan Kesler. It incorporates "R" "K" and "17" which amazes me.

rk17-logo.jpg

bufg.png

If you convert Nebraska's logo into Braille, you'll get this:

Nebraska.png

CONVERTED TO BRAILLE:

154px-Braille_N.svg.png

Obviously the upper three black dots are for our 3 Heisman winners. The two white dots are for our two National Titles. The lone dot at the bottom is for another National Title.

There are also two unmentioned National Titles out of respect.

Meh.

I'm calling bs on this one, big time. Pretty sure that braille letters were designed before Nebraska did anything. Just a coincidence you put too much time into.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Archived