Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

960.gif

Right part of the head of the Philly Eagle's logo makes an "E"

LOL, you're reaching there...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure everyone knows this'n, but here goes...

Although I'm not entirely sure what the "elb" stood for (Expos Le Baseball, or something of the like?), the logo was an "M".

expos1.jpg

And obviously, the colors have to do with French-ness.

"le" is an article, just like "the" in English. It would not be Expos le baseball, as that would be like saying "Expos the Baseball". I believe that the french version of the team would be "Les Expos de Montreal"

What I see in the expos logo is an "M" (entire logo) for "Montreal", "e" (red part of logo) for "Expos", and "b" (solid blue part of logo)for "Baseball". I also think that (but I could be wrong) the red colour represents English speaking Montreal, while the blue coluor represents French speaking Montreal.

960.gif

Not really. I've always seen the "E", and the logo is always positioned to make the "E" seem straight.

I don't know if it was intentionally put there or was just an accident of design, but that's definantly an "E"

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You guys probably all know this one, but the Washington St. logo has "W" and "S" that make up the Cougar.

2724.gif

Yeah, that one's pretty obvious, but for the longest time, all I could see was the "W" and "S" and not the cougar head. :P

That is pretty neat, never heard that. I still maintain that this part of the Avalanche logo is not a coincidence:

faceavs.jpg

Oh, not this again. Didn't we establish that this was just a coincidence and it's not a face? You have to change the logo just to see it.

Yeah, I thought everyone who "saw" this one had stopped smoking that stuff.

960.gif

Not really. I've always seen the "E", and the logo is always positioned to make the "E" seem straight.

I don't know if it was intentionally put there or was just an accident of design, but that's definantly an "E"

Yet in their official primary logo, the Eagle head is reversed...

philaeagles.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You guys probably all know this one, but the Washington St. logo has "W" and "S" that make up the Cougar.

2724.gif

Yeah, that one's pretty obvious, but for the longest time, all I could see was the "W" and "S" and not the cougar head. :P

Don't forget the U there as the bottom of the mouth.

Originally there was WSC for washington state college, and then the logo was changed to reflect the U when it became a university.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I actually thought the negative space made by the cougar's open mouth made a C, for Cougars. I guess I was making it too difficult, and thus missed the U.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

For those of you having trouble, I whipped this up in Paint...

sharks.png

It may not be entirely acurate as to what shape the letters are but I think you get the jist of it.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Also on the Yankees logo, there is 26 FULL stitches visible on the baseball (the top and bottom stitches on the right side do count as full stitches), representing the 26 World Series titles.

1256.gif

Yeah right, that's bullcrap. But pretty clever of me, eh?

Also, in various script of the Diamondbacks logos, the A's and K's form fangs (in Arizona it's the R and N). Also the db forms a snake, or the snake forms a db.

That is pretty neat, never heard that. I still maintain that this part of the Avalanche logo is not a coincidence:

faceavs.jpg

Oh, not this again. Didn't we establish that this was just a coincidence and it's not a face? You have to change the logo just to see it.

Yeah, I thought everyone who "saw" this one had stopped smoking that stuff.

Yeah, and anyway, it looks more like a face on top and an evil reaching hand towards the bottom. Either way, it's neither...

For those of you having trouble, I whipped this up in Paint...

sharks.png

It may not be entirely acurate as to what shape the letters are but I think you get the jist of it.

Yea, thats pretty much it. Sorry for not getting the picture to you guys i was on an ipod so i couldn't post links. Heres the one I was talking about.

sharkslogosj.png

Archived