Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kinda surprised nobody mentioned this one:

118.gif

Its a bear, but its also a wilderness scene. The ear is the moon, the eye is a shooting star, the trees are...trees, and the mouth is a river.

Not to correct you, but it's not technically a bear. The Wild are steadfast about it not being any one specific animal.

Furthermore, I didn't mention it because I thought that it, and all the others have been covered before. Don't we do about one of these threads a year?

This Ottawa Rough Riders logo (ca. 1994-1996) always had me wondering...

Of course, you see the log-rider/trapper guy at first glance. But if you look carefully, you will see a cartoon beaver emerge (with two big googly eyes, and buckteeth formed by the log-rider/trapper guy's chin). Bolstering this theory is the fact that the logo came out around the peak of the cartoony-logo craze.

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Anyway, there it is - perhaps I am delusional, or it is simply the PCP talking, but I swear there is a cartoon beaver in there.

I actually saw the beaver first. Then i looked again and saw the trapper, and now i can only see the trapper.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Of course, you see the log-rider/trapper guy at first glance. But if you look carefully, you will see a cartoon beaver emerge (with two big googly eyes, and buckteeth formed by the log-rider/trapper guy's chin). Bolstering this theory is the fact that the logo came out around the peak of the cartoony-logo craze.

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Anyway, there it is - perhaps I am delusional, or it is simply the PCP talking, but I swear there is a cartoon beaver in there.

I actually saw the beaver first. Then i looked again and saw the trapper, and now i can only see the trapper.

At the initial post, I only saw the trapper and thought some of you were nuts. Now hours later I glanced at it, and this time saw the beaver. I think it's totally unintentional and a stretch, but it's there if you want to see it. Imagine the eyes are looking upward.

Can someone give a rough outline of the beaver on the Rough Riders logo, I can't get the image of the rough rider out of my mind to find the beaver in it.

Kinda surprised nobody mentioned this one:

118.gif

Its a bear, but its also a wilderness scene. The ear is the moon, the eye is a shooting star, the trees are...trees, and the mouth is a river.

I mentioned it on the first page, but didn't provide the logo in my post.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

OttawaRoughRiders.png

When I first saw that version of the logo, ALL I saw was the cartoon beaver. It was about another year or so before I saw the logger. Now when I see it, I recognize the logger and I have to make an effort to see the beaver.

OttawaRoughRiders.png

The first thing I saw was the beaver. I didn't even notice the trapper at first

Same, but now I can't find the Beaver hahah.

"Ward, I think maybe you were a little hard on the Beaver last night."

Can someone give a rough outline of the beaver on the Rough Riders logo, I can't get the image of the rough rider out of my mind to find the beaver in it.

Finding the beaver in the Rough Riders logo seems to be about the same as trying to see objects in one of those pictures with the fuzzy, zig-zag stripes in it (If I knew if there was a name for those things, I'd use it).

Some people can see the "object" with no effort. Some can see it, but it takes a while. Some, like my dad, never see it and don't (bleeping) understand how the hell that makes a picture of anything.

Archived