Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is Batman going down on a chick, reverse style I might add....

LOL. Now that's the only thing I see when looking at that label (fortunately, other than in this thread, I'll never have to look at that label.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

not sure if anyone noticed this but the old brewers logos has and a m and a b in it

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=3osuqhytjoxncg2kash2

Yeah.

ucla_logo.gif

If you look closely, you can see the cursive spells out UCLA. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, for this one, if you look carefully, the Ram's neck is a V, its horn makes a C, and its snout makes a U.

VCU-logo-1.jpg

That is pretty neat, never heard that. I still maintain that this part of the Avalanche logo is not a coincidence:

faceavs.jpg

What in blue blazes am I supposed to be seeing? I see nothing.

True. That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I could play that game too. Look at the puck, it's shaped like an "M".

Since this was brought back up, does this help?

ANOTHERfaceavs.jpg

Not in the least. I think it's a stretch to analyze that part of the logo anyway. I could go on about conspiracy theories involving the NHL, the Avs, and such, but I'm sure it was coincidental.

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

Not in the least. I think it's a stretch to analyze that part of the logo anyway. I could go on about conspiracy theories involving the NHL, the Avs, and such, but I'm sure it was coincidental.

I know it's not supposed to be a face, but when you think about it, that part of the logo looks like absolute garbage. It does not resemble anything, I cannot tell what it's supposed to be (icicles?), and it obstructs a clean view of the puck. It wouldn't be too crazy for someone to sneak an image in there, since the finished product looks like crap regardless.

Now I wonder, since it's not a face, why does that part of the logo look so messy?

In short, it's not crazy to analyze that part of the logo. I just don't think it's intentionally a face, but all parts of that stupid logo are subject to critique.

The puck is at the front of the Avalanche surrounding the letter A. It's all icy and icicles are hanging on the front. No face, no nothing.

I understand it's icy, but it's a poor representation of iciness, especially because the jaggies are so small and everything else is quite bold. I just don't think it's crazy to analyze that part of the logo.

And the notorious Wildcat giving head.

Well you're gonna need to describe this one.

The tounge.

Woah, was that intentional!? I still dont see Batman. :(

The curled back tongue is a dick, in my wildcats mouth and yes it was intentional. The artist admitted to it and I am not sure of the repercussions. It all went down in the late 90's but the Cats were winning title after title back then and it all got swept away.

St. John's University (MN) logo. Pretty obvious what's "hiding" here. But would anyone like to take a guess? Sorry, I couldn't find a better logo.

header_home3.jpg

A number one because they are #1?

The St. Johns "Johnnies"?

Seriously? The "Johnnies"???

There's nothing #1 about that. Generally Urinals are for #1... Johnnies for #2.

Their football coach is #1. John Gagliardi is college football's career coaching victories LEADER. Read the whole Wikipedia article, it's pretty crazy what he has done. Very interesting stuff.

As your name is oldschoolvikings, I am surprised you did not know this about Minnesota football history.

Also, "Johnnies" is not nearly as bad as the womens' college, St. Benedict's, home of the "Bennies".

Actually, the original athletic nickname for SJU was the "Blue Jays". "Johnnies" came into use some years later.

John Gagliardi walks on water around there. Johnnies chuckle whenever some talking head refers to Bowden's or Paterno's career numbers, as those chaps have some catching up to do. :D

And the St. Benedict's (St. Ben's, or CSB's) teams are the Blazers, whereas the students are known as Bennies. The shuttle bus that scoots between the SJU and CSB campuses is known as the Bennie Bus.

Other MIAC teams with school/nickname ties are the St. Thomas Tommies and the St. Olaf Oles (although I believe the Oles were originally the Lions).

St. John's University (MN) logo. Pretty obvious what's "hiding" here. But would anyone like to take a guess? Sorry, I couldn't find a better logo.

header_home3.jpg

A number one because they are #1?

The St. Johns "Johnnies"?

Seriously? The "Johnnies"???

There's nothing #1 about that. Generally Urinals are for #1... Johnnies for #2.

Their football coach is #1. John Gagliardi is college football's career coaching victories LEADER. Read the whole Wikipedia article, it's pretty crazy what he has done. Very interesting stuff.

As your name is oldschoolvikings, I am surprised you did not know this about Minnesota football history.

Also, "Johnnies" is not nearly as bad as the womens' college, St. Benedict's, home of the "Bennies".

Actually, the original athletic nickname for SJU was the "Blue Jays". "Johnnies" came into use some years later.

John Gagliardi walks on water around there. Johnnies chuckle whenever some talking head refers to Bowden's or Paterno's career numbers, as those chaps have some catching up to do. :D

And the St. Benedict's (St. Ben's, or CSB's) teams are the Blazers, whereas the students are known as Bennies. The shuttle bus that scoots between the SJU and CSB campuses is known as the Bennie Bus.

Other MIAC teams with school/nickname ties are the St. Thomas Tommies and the St. Olaf Oles (although I believe the Oles were originally the Lions).

Go St. Thomas! I am thinking about attending there once I graduate. Both my parents went there.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I know that the New Jersey Devils logo is a N and J but if you look at it you kinda see a D in the logo too! in the nymetro area the team is somtimes listed as NJD (box scores mostly) maybe im wrong but just look at it for your self.

larry21

9dtq0qlm5fg5e5nhaipw.gif

The red in this logo forms an "A," and the blue around the eye forms an "a."

Wow. Never noticed that one.

And on another note, why the hell aren't the Hawks using this logo as their primary already??

6uXNWAo.png

Archived