Conrad.

Phoenix Suns

got inspired to spruce up the Suns jerseys from my recent excursion into the AS09 jerseys:

suns09home.png

good idea? maybe some tweaks? if so, i'll make up some away jerseys as well...

Switching the orange and purple would make sense.

You might be able to get away with making the tip of the flame yellow.

It looks good so far.

thx for the thoughts...here's the orange and purple reversed:

suns09home2.png

the only thing i dont like is the bottom of the shorts with the sun graphic on the orange panel...

more ideas?

Great upgrade! The only thing I would potentaly change is the angle of the basketball at the bottom of the shorts. Maybe add that little "halo" around the numbers?

Looks fantastic.

For the shape under the basketball, maybe make the yellow go in the shape of the flames, just smaller.

Anyway great job on these, any plans to make a road or alternate jersey?

Great upgrade! The only thing I would potentaly change is the angle of the basketball at the bottom of the shorts. Maybe add that little "halo" around the numbers?

I wouldn't do that. I think that fits with the piping they have on the side panels but not here.

I like this concept. The original looks miles better IMO. It works with the ball at the bottom, the new one looks weird in that respect. I think the purple wordmark and numbers look better, but both look pretty good. Nice work here, I really think the template would work for the Suns. And seeing the roads would be good.

Leave the side designs the same from design #1 (only don't make it so thin in the middle. widen it just a bit.), but make the names and numbers purple outlined in orange, as in #2. That would make the better overall design. (also leave the color as in #1, purple with the smaller orange on the outside.) Awesome work. Would love to see the road concept.

thx for the thoughts...here's the orange and purple reversed:

suns09home2.png

the only thing i dont like is the bottom of the shorts with the sun graphic on the orange panel...

more ideas?

I think this one makes more sense, but doesn't necessarily look better.

I think you need more detail in the flames, because right now it looks a bit flat.

I wouldn't say put a gradient (like the A*S unis) but just a little more detail to make it look more like a flame, not the silhouette of a flame.

As for the ball/sun logo blending in with the flames, I think some white trim/piping in between the logo and the flames should do the trick.

Overall I still like this better than what they currently have just because there is no gray, thank god.

Awesome. The ball on the shorts is a nice touch. I think you could come up with a better wordmark than that current one though.

wow, thanks for all the input guys...here's an update + an away jersey:

suns09home3.png

suns09away2.png

detailed the 'flames' more, thickened the side stripes, & changed some color placements...

what ya think?

also, Ian, i think i'll try a new wordmark soon.

Wow, I'm very impressed with the update. Nice work here.

Awesome. The ball on the shorts is a nice touch. I think you could come up with a better wordmark than that current one though.

Agree that a new wordmark would be an improvement. One of my favorite things about both of their former identities was how the N was an upside-down U. I'm not advocating returning to a past wordmark, but maybe "borrowing" an aspect of one.

5328.gif5329.gif

Sick concept...I wouldn't mind seeing these on the court. Top notch!

Don't care for the NBA, but these are beautiful. Did you though try an away concept where the white and orange swapped positions?

Hell no. The halos make no sense for the Suns and are completely unnecessary. Great job on these, by the way. Something about the basketball on the shorts looks a little off, can't figure out what though. Maybe I'm dilearyus or something.

THE SHORTS ARE AWESOME. I DONT SEE THAT THE TOPS LOOK LIKE FLAMES. MAYBE IF THE "PITS" HAD MORE OF A "STARBURST" LOOK SIMILIAR TO THE SHORTS