Phoenix Suns

Conrad.

thanks for all the kind words everyone...here's a full update, complete with all 3 jerseys and a modified logo set:

suns09home5.png

suns09away4.png

suns09alt2.png

for the jerseys, i made the orange more vibrant, made my own new wordmark & numbers, and changed the shorts' sun logo to reflect the one in this concept logo set:

PHXLogoSheet.png

this is quite a bit to take in, so im all ears now as to what your thoughts are about these...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the new wordmark, especially the N.

My only further cc is that the "flames" look odd in purple. I'd stick to the orange flames.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Really great job on these... I love how the uniforms have progressed. Believe it or not, I actually agree with BIGBAD and his eternal caps lock that the armpits need more of a "starburst" effect, like on the shorts. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of that. But I really like the overall look. Nice new font, too. And I love that alternate. Wow... I guess that to a certain extent the flames don't work in purple, but they look mighty fine if you ask me in purple. Nice job.

scotland_fifasig.png

I might be the only one, but assuming you'd kept the basketball trim black, I'd have much rather seen a black alternate than the orange one, which even with the brightened shade, still feels kind of salmon-ish to me.

A+ for removing the grey, which stands out like a sore thumb on the set (although is the current logo above the nameplate the old one, with the grey? kind of looks like it).

THE SHORTS ARE AWESOME. I DONT SEE THAT THE TOPS LOOK LIKE FLAMES. MAYBE IF THE "PITS" HAD MORE OF A "STARBURST" LOOK SIMILIAR TO THE SHORTS

capslock.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

THE SHORTS ARE AWESOME. I DONT SEE THAT THE TOPS LOOK LIKE FLAMES. MAYBE IF THE "PITS" HAD MORE OF A "STARBURST" LOOK SIMILIAR TO THE SHORTS

capslock.jpg

Seriously everyone if you have nothing to say about the concept than ignore BIGBAD, all you are doing is ruining a good thread that has great potential

Now as far as the concept goes, I say great concept, the only one thing that bothers me is the secondary. Try to go for a streaking sun, don't know why but just seems bland to me, other than that I like it. Outstanding work

thx again for taking the time to look and comment on this...

bruschimania, you were right about the back of the neck logo, so i went about making a new one with my new typeface, and i also edited the main logo i had before (made it a bit more purple-dominant):

PHXLogoSheet2.png

...also, i toyed a bit with the uni top's flame panels, and couldnt get anything i was happy with to be more "starbursty"

This is my favorite concept ever. Way way way better than what they wear now. I'm glad to see that you mixed in tidbits from the past for the wordmark and that you got rid of the stupid logo with the streaking sun too.

• 1 year later...
Agree that a new wordmark would be an improvement. One of my favorite things about both of their former identities was how the N was an upside-down U. I'm not advocating returning to a past wordmark, but maybe "borrowing" an aspect of one.

5328.gif5329.gif

Here's a way to update the current primary so that it's closer to the '90s version and no longer has ugly stupid grey:

sunsnewcopy.gif

Then use those scripts instead of Berthold City, which never felt right for them. Doesn't need to be new.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived