Avs to wear third jerseys next season

number81

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_11325691

"Occasionally, teams wear white colors at home, as the Avs did a couple weeks ago against Chicago. The reason for that was, Chicago asked the Avs if it would be OK for them to wear their own third jerseys that night at the Pepsi Center, and asked the Avs if they wouldn't mind wearing their home whites. The Avs said no problem. Why the Blackhawks wanted to wear their third jerseys on the road, I'm still not sure of. I'll have to ask Joel Quenneville next time I see him.

Third jerseys almost always are worn at home. The Avs, by the way, are not wearing their all-Burgundy third jerseys this season. They will do so again starting next year."

Sounds like old "Colorado" jerseys will be back... (yay! another third jersey with script in the NHL!)

Sounds like old "Colorado" jerseys will be back... (yay! another third jersey with script in the NHL!)

My thoughts exactly. A few years ago, when introduced, it was neat. With all of the recent "script" jerseys since then though, a new design would be appreciated.

Also, eight characters running diagonally in the Edge template would look terrible. There simply isn't enough room for it; we've already seen what's happened to the Rangers, and on the Chicago Wolves' alternates, which feature a diagonal script, the center of the neck lines up with the right side of the "O" in "WOLVES."

If the Avs are going with an alt, let's see either a return to the classic style. Or, for the first time, let's see something in blue.

Also, an early 2009-10 prediction: with their 30th anniversary coming in 2010, I'm betting Calgary goes retro for their third, especially given the success and loving embrace Edmonton's seen with their retro look this year.

Also, eight characters running diagonally in the Edge template would look terrible. There simply isn't enough room for it; we've already seen what's happened to the Rangers, and on the Chicago Wolves' alternates, which feature a diagonal script, the center of the neck lines up with the right side of the "O" in "WOLVES."

If the Avs are going with an alt, let's see either a return to the classic style. Or, for the first time, let's see something in blue.

Also, an early 2009-10 prediction: with their 30th anniversary coming in 2010, I'm betting Calgary goes retro for their third, especially given the success and loving embrace Edmonton's seen with their retro look this year.

That's what the word is here in Calgary

The Flames are the rare instance where black helps. Their red and yellow don't pop as well without a little black to separate them. Of course, they overdo it with the black now, but in a perfect world...

...they'd go back to their mid-to-late-'90s look, minus the silly-looking diagonal stripe on the hem.

The Flames are the rare instance where black helps. Their red and yellow don't pop as well without a little black to separate them. Of course, they overdo it with the black now, but in a perfect world...

Yes, thank you! The black is awesome for Calgary.

Yes, thank you! The black is awesome for Calgary.

I'll take the Black as long as there's a new logo to go with it.. the C just doesn't look good on Black

...they'd go back to their mid-to-late-'90s look, minus the silly-looking diagonal stripe on the hem.

I love those unis, diagonal stripe and all.

I personally would like to see a LIGHT BLUE jersey with the logo in front, similar to a fashion sweater available a few years back (sorry, no pics).

i would like to see a return to the old design regulars period. falling short of that, a return of the old thirds would be cool. i think a difference between the other script jerseys and the avs third was that the letters were smaller that what i can recall on the other jerseys. with these edge jerseys, i think size proportions matters and all of these other script jerseys fail with that. i think it could work as long as it is a copy of the maroon third and carries over no elements of the edgified set.

i don't want to see a non-primary colored set. it's how we got the flyers, flames, and caps in black, the wild in brick, and the thrashers in sky blue.

Archived