Chargers Power Blue's

dennisbergan

There's only one uniform the Chargers should have and this iconic design is it.

tomlinson.jpg

Agreed.

Agreed except make the bolt shape and outline consistent. Make all bolts like the one on the helmet with the same color and weight of the stroke.

So basically, the powder blue jersey they are wearing this sunday is perfect.

No, the bolts in the new set are not the same AND if the bolt is on a white helmet and on a white strip on the jersey, it should be the same on the pants (not in a blue strip).

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think im one of the only people on here who thinks the entire Chargers set is crap.

If certain tweaks were made, it would look descent. But they excecuted it very poorly in my opinion.

Anyways, I dont think it'll matter what uniform they wear, I think theyre stuill going to lose with it. Im not saying this just because i'm a die hard Colts, fan, but I honestly do think so. Everyone says how hot the Chargers are but theyre forgetting how hot the Colts have been. Indy's gonna roll all over em.

O RLY?

Anyway, the current set could be really cool if they went to traditional block numbers and removed the "CHARGERS" wordmark from the jersey. Those two things keep me from really enjoying the new look.

Ideally I would take the colour set and placement of the new look and apply it to the previous template. Can someone with an ounce of football concept talent help me out on that one?

I guess I am in the minority here, but I like the Chargers current set, including the powder blue alt. I would've like the old style numbers, but the newer style isn't bad. However, with that said, I liked the Dan Fouts era -- great uniforms.

AAED005~Dan-Fouts-Prepare-to-pass-Photofile-Posters.jpg

I guess I am in the minority here, but I like the Chargers current set, including the powder blue alt. I would've like the old style numbers, but the newer style isn't bad. However, with that said, I liked the Dan Fouts era -- great uniforms.

AAED005~Dan-Fouts-Prepare-to-pass-Photofile-Posters.jpg

I don't like the current set. They tried to make too many groups happy.

I liked the Dan Fouts era uniforms the best.

Add me to the "it's crap" list. I applaud their attempt to mix the powder and navy but think it could have been done in a much cleaner, more designed way. For example:

sd06_2.jpg

Or at the very least, make the bolts match on the current set. For example:

bolt.jpg

As a Charger fan, I hate your concept on the top-half, but I love that pants revision on the bottom half.

I love how the bolt looks without the strip on the white pants in that Sproles pic.

While we're at it, get rid of the strip on the jerseys too. That yellow bolt plays just fine without any help from a strip on dark blue, light blue or white.

In the same concept as how it plays on these old home jerseys:

Natronecardautographed2.jpg

As long as the yellow bolt is used, there's no need for a strip on any part of the uniform -- although I'm very understanding and can accept a look that uses a consistent "yellow bolt on white" approach and has shoulder strips on both blue jerseys.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Does anyone even recall that some of the worst Charger teams - perhaps some of the worst teams in football history wore the power, er uh, poweder blues? Do you remember Johnny U in the powder blue? How about all the druggies and people like Tim "Mad Dog" Rossovich who set fire to his hair in order to have enough light to read a book? Read up on the Charger teams of the late 60's and early 70s and you'll know why they got away from that set.

Yes, the new navy blues are absolutely terrible, but I think for what its worth that the powder blues are pretty darn nice. Sure, the original doesn't need any messing around with, but these new powders are great---especially in HDTV!

65588-chargers_0103_490.jpg

s-CHARGERS-large.jpg

Does anyone even recall that some of the worst Charger teams - perhaps some of the worst teams in football history wore the power, er uh, poweder blues? Do you remember Johnny U in the powder blue? How about all the druggies and people like Tim "Mad Dog" Rossovich who set fire to his hair in order to have enough light to read a book? Read up on the Charger teams of the late 60's and early 70s and you'll know why they got away from that set.

Sure but on the other hand... Does anyone even recall that the Charger's one and only championship was won wearing the powder blues?

I like it. What if the numbers only had a single outline (in the navy) and the bolts had the same zig zag as the helmet (pant bolts have too much going on).

Not that it'd look bad, but my design decision would be to either go with no outlines or the double outline that matches everything else.

As for the pants, I'd tend to agree. One of the elements that is nice about the new design is the SHAPE of the pants bolt.

However, this concept was made before the current uniforms were released, so I was simply echoing the pant stripe of the previous uniform which did have tons of zig-zags.

Perhaps someday I'll make some modifications to the concept, but probably not anytime soon.

Take what they previously had and drop the double outlined numbers and logos (which is the only thing that killed it for me). Drop the double outlines in favor of a single yellow outline, and you'd have the perfect set, IMO.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'll use this as an opportunity to show off my concept for them, done a couple of years ago...

(Note, the colors are powder blues, navy, and yellow. There is no black.)

chargers.gif

Or if you prefer more navy...

chargers2.gif

the navy helmet concept is perfect just add a navy jersey and you have a perfect mix of the best elements of all the chargers uniforms

chargers.gif

I like it. What if the numbers only had a single outline (in the navy) and the bolts had the same zig zag as the helmet (pant bolts have too much going on).

I like these, but with the number on the helmet do you really need the TV numbers on the sleeves? I know the NFL probably has a rule about TV numbers but they become unnecessary when they're also on the helmets. You could use that space for the old horse-shield logo.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like all the talk about the set, but back to the original topic and a question I have:

Can anyone clarify the NFL rule on alternaties in the playoffs? HAs there been any other teams that have work alternates in the playoffs?

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

I like all the talk about the set, but back to the original topic and a question I have:

Can anyone clarify the NFL rule on alternaties in the playoffs? HAs there been any other teams that have work alternates in the playoffs?

The rule is that they're allowed, but by doing so they've designated the powder blues as their home/dark playoff uniforms for this season. So it's the navy set they can't wear this post-season.

Great, I love that uniform.

However, it will tick off my Charger crazy 8 year old. He loves him some LT but he hates those powder blue unis.

He might see it as a girl color since his sister considers light blue to be her color (last year it was purple, before that it was pink, etc.)

Aren't pink, purple and powder blue girl colors? I always thought they were.

Archived