Sign in to follow this  
Sc8b

Thrift Store Gems '09

At AJ Wright yesterday I got a home DiPietro jersey for $9.99. It was missing the front Isles logo. I also got a Kings Commalleri jersey for $9.99. I am either ordering a new nameplate or completely removing all letters and numbers.

-Dan

Look on ebay for a guy named Junior1Cats or Junior Cats. He's got all the NHL Crests and can make a nameplate for any team. He's based off of Long Island, so I'm sure he has a Islanders patch.

Got a replica Ronde Barber jersey from Marshall's for $15. I'm sure there are some minor details wrong with the jersey, but they're not noticeable to me.

Took a trip out to the AJ Wright location in Lorain, Ohio. Very disapointing. Mostly Bengals and Browns jerseys, Rudi Johnson, Kellen Winslow, Charlie Frye. There was some Mitchell and Ness Red's Gear and a couple of old blank Indians jerseys. An interesting find was a Black Minnesota Vikings Sharper Jersey looked pretty cool. The only items I considered buying were a black stiched Mike Vick jersey for 10 bucks, or a purple stiched Phoenix Suns Shaq jersey for 20. Worst Part: Not a single piece of Hockey gear. Living in Cleveland it's rare to see any hockey apparel, so I didn't have high expectations but c'mon not one thing? I don't know about other locations but the place was very dumpy and lacked choice. I might try another in Cleveland but we will see if Santa brings me some sports goodies on Chirstmas.

Took a trip out to the AJ Wright location in Lorain, Ohio. Very disapointing. Mostly Bengals and Browns jerseys, Rudi Johnson, Kellen Winslow, Charlie Frye. There was some Mitchell and Ness Red's Gear and a couple of old blank Indians jerseys. An interesting find was a Black Minnesota Vikings Sharper Jersey looked pretty cool. The only items I considered buying were a black stiched Mike Vick jersey for 10 bucks, or a purple stiched Phoenix Suns Shaq jersey for 20. Worst Part: Not a single piece of Hockey gear. Living in Cleveland it's rare to see any hockey apparel, so I didn't have high expectations but c'mon not one thing? I don't know about other locations but the place was very dumpy and lacked choice. I might try another in Cleveland but we will see if Santa brings me some sports goodies on Chirstmas.

I don't know about you, but that Mitchell & Ness Reds gear sounds like a nice find to me.

I don't know about you, but that Mitchell & Ness Reds gear sounds like a nice find to me.

the mitchell and ness gear wasnt exactly my style, if you know what im saying

Pretty much the same stuff at the Garfield Heights location. Not a hockey item to be found.

And the same on the east side of Columbus. They had like 5 North Stars sweatshirts but that was it.

Plenty of Rudi Johnson jerseys though.

So, yes -Dan nothing to be found there.

I was told by an AJ Wright manager today that they are doing a brief fire sale to get rid of old stuff that is left over from the holiday season and to check back in 1 to 2 weeks for new stuff.

-Dan

I found a Bills retro Jim Kelly jersey at the Burlington Coat Factory next to the Galleria mall in Buffalo for 20 bucks. All you XXXXL Jim Kelly fans, that jersey's for you.

I found a Bills retro Jim Kelly jersey at the Burlington Coat Factory next to the Galleria mall in Buffalo for 20 bucks. All you XXXXL Jim Kelly fans, that jersey's for you.

I am actually going up to the Galleria tomorrow, was there any other Bills apparel at the Burlington Coat Factory other than this gigantic Bills jersey?

I didn't pick it up at a thrift store, but instead off of the clearance rack at my local sporting goods store. It is a Russell dealer sample of the jersey that the West team wore in the 2008 Little League World Series. It was only $6 after tax.

LLWSWestJersey001.jpg

LLWSWestJersey002.jpg

LLWSWestJersey003.jpg

LLWSWestJersey004.jpg

wow! im a little late on this but GREAT find! ill pay you for that one. do you know where else they sell those?

I picked it up at a local sporting goods store that specializes in team sales. It was a Russell sample jersey that was on clearance. You can try looking on eBay or at an local sporting good stores that does team sales (namely the local mom & pop stores).

Also, great snag on the Moon Oilers jersey. Very sweet.

I'll pay you $35 for that West jersey.

And we are replying to a 6 yr old thread for what reason???

Just let the man practice his craft. This was an Inception-level bump: he bumped a thread that was last posted in almost exactly four years ago by quoting a post that itself was quoting a post from a full five months earlier.

Oo1Hlsk.gif

Holy bump.

And we are replying to a 6 yr old thread for what reason???

I do can math.