Thrift Store Gems '09

Sc8b

I've wanted a Tigers jersey for years now and I finally buckled down and bought one.

I purchased this at a Dunhams sports store.

It was originally marked at $130 and marked all the way down to $19.99. It was on the 50% off rack. I ended up getting it for like $11.00 with tax.

I didn't want this player so I took the letters and number off stitch by stitch. I think it came out really good.

What do you think?

100_2127.jpg

100_2128.jpg

100_2129.jpg

Final Product (unstitched and washed 2 times)

100_2130.jpg

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've wanted a Tigers jersey for years now and I finally buckled down and bought one.

It was originally marked at $130 and marked all the way down to $19.99. It was on the 50% off rack. I ended up getting it for like $11.00 with tax.

I didn't want this player so I took the letters and number off stitch by stitch. I think it came out really good.

What do you think?

Looks real good, how'd you take the stitches off? I bought a marked down Tejada jersey last year. I'd like to either convert it into an Adam Jones jersey or just make it plain like yours.

What do you think?

Looks real good, how'd you take the stitches off? I bought a marked down Tejada jersey last year. I'd like to either convert it into an Adam Jones jersey or just make it plain like yours.

Get a seam ripper (located on the sewing aisle at Wal-Mart or the like) for less than $2.

seamrippers.jpg

Remove stitch-by-stitch, ripping the part of the thread that's on top of the twill, to avoid slipping and ripping the jersey. Start off slow, you'll get the hang of it.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

What do you think?

Tiny scissors. Actually they were manicure scissors. I took like 2 and a half hours worth of work and a cramped up hand but I thinkg cutting each stitch individually was worth it. I'd love to find more deals like this one!

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

What do you think?

I did the exact same thing you did, twice. I bought a Tejada jersey, ripped off "Tejada" (with a seam ripper) and sent it to Exclusive Pro, and for less than $40 I had a replica home Jones jersey. I did the same with a "Sosa" jersey and made it into a Markakis jersey.

saBS.png

What do you think?

100_2127.jpg

100_2128.jpg

100_2129.jpg

Final Product (unstitched and washed 2 times)

100_2130.jpg

-Dan

That does look good. I've been curious about doing something like that for awhile, but was afraid to. I attempted it once with a D-Backs Sexson jersey but found that it left a lot of purple residue where I had attempted it. Now I'm sorry I sold my Astros Pettitte jersey. Can you even tell there was anything on there at all after the washing? It doesn't look like it from the last picture.

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I recently found a store called AJ Wright www.aj-wright.com

I purchased a Road Tigers, Home Cubs and Home White Sox for $7.99 each! I'll post pictures later.

If I could fit into a meduim I would a have bought a home Mets, home Dodgers and home Rockies too!

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Living in Japan gets me a lot of cheap soccer kits, since used clothes shops are very common overhere. Last week I got a 2002 autheuhtic Holland home kit with printing (Davis) on it for about 10 American dollars. In the past I've picked up another national kits for similar prices, such as Argentina 2006 World Cup home kit with Messi on it.

What do you think?

-Dan

I found a nats jersey for $20, it's a guzman jersey with the wrong font on the back so i'm thinking of doing what you did and trying to buy shoulder patches and numbers online or something.

Also got a replica cleveland brons jamal lewis jersey for $15

I recently found a store called AJ Wright www.aj-wright.com

I purchased a Road Tigers, Home Cubs and Home White Sox for $7.99 each! I'll post pictures later.

If I could fit into a meduim I would a have bought a home Mets, home Dodgers and home Rockies too!

-Dan

I saw an ad for them and they were advertising Authentic jerseys for 19.99...they are replicas right?

I got a couple more today from A.J. Wright:

Replica Garrett Anderson Angels Home Jersey for $20 (I'll probably take the name off)

Ken Griffey Jr. Reds T-Shirt Jersey for $5

AJ Wright is a great store for cheap jerseys. I found several Mitchell and Ness hockey jerseys and didn't pay more than $40 for each. :D

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Archived