Thrift Store Gems '09

Sc8b

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was at my neighbors garage sale she was going to sell it for 20$ but she loves me and gave it to me for 1 along with a authentic lightingng jersey. Also Starter was the maker of whalers jerseys not ccm rebok or any others

it was at my neighbors garage sale she was going to sell it for 20$ but she loves me and gave it to me for 1 along with a authentic lightingng jersey. Also Starter was the maker of whalers jerseys not ccm rebok or any others

Are you talking about authentic, on-ice jerseys? If so, CCM actually made them for the Whale.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

it might be a replica so idk

It is. I don't believe Starter made authentics. If it doesn't have a fight strap, reinforced elbows, etc then it's not authentic.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Does anyone know a good place to buy MLB All-Star jerseys for cheap online? I've always wanted one, but haven't really seen them at the thrift stores. I've been checking eBay also but they haven't seemed to have much lately. I'd kinda like a plain American League one, any year would do.

It is. I don't believe Starter made authentics. If it doesn't have a fight strap, reinforced elbows, etc then it's not authentic.

Starter made authentics on-ice and for retail from the 95-96 season thru the 98-99 season.

The Whalers jersey pictured is a replica, however.

Starter made authentics on-ice and for retail from the 95-96 season thru the 98-99 season.

The Whalers jersey pictured is a replica, however.

... though technically they couldn't have made the Whalers authentic in 98 or 99... :P

But you are correct sir, I have a Whalers authentic that I got at the mall/arena just before they left town.

Just bought a thread ripper to un-letter a St.Louis Cardinals jersey. It was so easy!

I'm kicking myself for leaving that home Mets jersey at AJ Wright!

-Dan

Just make sure that the letters weren't heat-pressed on in addition to being sewn on or it might leave a gluey residue. I had to do major surgery on my Team Canada soccer jersey ($3.99 at VV) to get some random dink's name off it. I kept his number 5 but changed the NOB to Jason de Vos.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

Just bought a thread ripper to un-letter a St.Louis Cardinals jersey. It was so easy!

-Dan

Just make sure that the letters weren't heat-pressed on in addition to being sewn on or it might leave a gluey residue. I had to do major surgery on my Team Canada soccer jersey ($3.99 at VV) to get some random dink's name off it. I kept his number 5 but changed the NOB to Jason de Vos.

So far I have been pretty lucky. After I remove the lettering and numbers I run it through the gentle cycle 2 or 3 times and the "ghost" of the old name and numbers are gone!

Has anybody had success removing the Starter logo from a hockey jersey seleve or the new RBK logo of a new Edge jersey?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I picked up an "authentic" maize Chad Henne Michigan football jersey this weekend for $3 at the local Salvation Army. Still had the original Nike tag on it, $75, as well as a TJ Maxx tag, $14.99 (my usual stomping grounds for jerseys), so I got a hell of a deal. I don't feel right calling it authentic, since Michigan has never worn a maize jersey, but it's very nice. Fully stiched, arm numbers included.

FF_161692ALT1_xl.jpg

-Dan

So far I have been pretty lucky. After I remove the lettering and numbers I run it through the gentle cycle 2 or 3 times and the "ghost" of the old name and numbers are gone!

Has anybody had success removing the Starter logo from a hockey jersey seleve or the new RBK logo of a new Edge jersey?

-Dan

It really just depends on the jersey. I've used dichloromethane (thanks to a suggestion of a CCSLCer, don't try this at home, kids) to remove heat-pressed vinyl letters from three jerseys before. Two turned out fine and one left a horrible glue that won't come off no matter what I do to it. I'm planning to get it professionally lettered with the same number and a nameplate to cover the residue, but it's one of those "waiting until money grows on trees" projects.

Still worth it though, it was a vintage Swift Current Broncos jersey.

Getting back on the thread topic, I haven't found much lately at thrift shops apart from a Mighty Ducks white late-90's alternate jersey for $13. It's unfortunately a 2XL but my best friend was happy to have it.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

Found this the last time I was in Mount Pleasant:

WalterPayton1.png

WalterPayton2.png

A Walter Payton jersey (Wilson brand) for $10. :D

Where at in Mount Pleasant?

-Dan

It was an antique store, I was looking for some records and stumbled across that jersey. Can't remember the name of the place, but it's across the street from Save-A-Lot on Mission Street.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Archived