Red Sox 2004 St. Patrick's Day Jersey

DGivens87

To quote a fellow Sox fan at Fenway back in 1995: "Calling Yaz a bum in Boston is like going into Kenmore Square and saying 'Fudge' (cuz I can't cuss) the Irish"

So, with that outta the way, take a look:

http://www.thesouvenirstore.com/Boston/Red...&categoryID=164

http://www.thesouvenirstore.com/Boston/Red...&categoryID=164

Those are some pretty fudged (cuz I can cuss the Irish, I just choose not to) lettering jobs on that jersey...did Helen Keller make the template? They look pretty rough.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

They have hats too that are green, with the regular red B, and on the back is a shamrock. I actually like th jerseys (probably cuz I am Irish). I think they look pretty sharp. I mean they don't blend well, but neither do the WB-Scranton Penguins' Christams jerseys. ^_^

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

yeah, that lettering and numbering looks crooked.

Speaking of St. Patrick's Day Jerseys, I went to a Gwinnett Gladiators(ECHL) game last night and they wore St.P day unis. Unusally I hate jersey gradients, but these jerseys were mainly dark green(Dallas Stars), but faded into black before the shamrock striping. The gradient started a little before the stripes on the torso and sleeves, so it was rather subtle. Look closely and you'll see it get darker on the torso about where the tip of the logo ends. Didn't look bad at all. Here's a pic. The pic is kind of dark,though.

UNI

Those are some pretty fudged (cuz I can cuss the Irish, I just choose not to) lettering jobs on that jersey...did Helen Keller make the template? They look pretty rough.

Looks like bad resizing to me...

I've got one of these on order from mlb.com - both because it's the Sox and for the novelty value.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Doesn't belong there either, in my opinion.

Pink's one of those colors you're glad no sports team uses, and that you pray no team ever will. Not even a NASCAR driver would be caught dead in a pink car.

Pink = :puke:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Those might be the jerseys the Sox wear on St. Patty's Day. They used to wear just green hats, but no that they have special batting/spring training jerseys, I wouldn't rule out wearing green shirts for that day.

That store is across from Fenway, and I don't think they'd sell phony merchandise. Yes, the lettering on the Nixon looks crooked, but it might have been rushed just to put it up on the site.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

only place i know of pink used on a regular basis is one of teh Italian clubs, forgot their name. and i think we all remember Juventus' pink road shirt (i'd actually get one, but they don't make em that big, ya know?)

also, annually the Kalamazoo Wings paint the ice pink, not sure about any other teams doing this.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Interestingly enough, I found this "variation" of the Sox St. Patty's day jersey. I'm a die-hard Sox fan, and I'm almost embarassed to ask, but did the Sox ever wear green Spring Training jerseys on St. Patrick's day before this year? I know they wore green hats, but I don't remember if they wore green jerseys ever before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=24889

if you read along, apparently the sox are considering actually using special holiday uniforms as early as next regular season

about damn time :flagusa:

so what do you think they will wear on labor day?

I saw, I came, I left.

Maybe they'll just add blue collars to their white jerseys. Thank GOD baseball doesn't extend to Halloween.

I like the A's July 4th uniforms. I like the Padres "Military Opening Day" uniforms.

Oh and let's just keep the pink out of sports thank you very much!

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Is the irony of them celebrating a color for luck, when they are the most unluckiest franchise in the history of sports?

I think they are still neat though...

grc

I don't the Cubs are wearing green any time soon :P

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived