Red Sox 2004 St. Patrick's Day Jersey

DGivens87

Is the irony of them celebrating a color for luck, when they are the most unluckiest franchise in the history of sports?

I think they are still neat though...

grc

Not solely for luck. Boston has a huge Irish-decent population.

I don't like the idea of the Sox coming up with different unies for major holidays - I shudder to think of seeing a star-spangled tog on the 4th of July. :puke:

If you think about it, the only major U.S. holidays during the baseball season are:

April - none (except Boston has Patriots' Day)

May - Memorial Day

June - Flag Day (might be a stretch)

July - Independence Day

August - none

September - Labor Day (9/11 remembrance day too, if you want)

October - Columbus Day

Which doesn't present many opportunities for doing something other than a Stars & Stripes motif. What, you're going to do green, white, and red on Columbus Day because Columbus was Italian (by birth, remember)? Same thing they're doing for St. Patty's Day.

Leave the outside-colored jerseys for Spring Training. If the color's not in your standard palette, don't wear it during the regular season. It's that easy.

Thank God my Hartford Wolf Pack didn't do something gimmicky on Valentine's Day besides pipe love-type songs over the PA during stoppages. The New York Rangers organization, inept as it is, does understand tradition. You have to give them that.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

You know, looking at them, the green Sox jerseys look really sharp in an odd sort of Cooperstown-ish, old fashiony doesn't make too much sense kinda way. No unneccessary uniform designs or bells and whistles, just a plain ol colored jersey with the team name. Nice and simple. And the red/green can be an awful cobo, but here doesn't hurt my eyes at all.

And Patriot's Day is huge in Boston - they run the Marathon that day and always schedule an afternoon home game that gets out when the runners are running by the ballpark, one mile from the finish line.

Archived