Vikings Black Jersey?

Bmac

Throughout my many years as a die-hard Vikings fan, I have seen a black Vikings jersey several times. At Vikings games (home and away) I have seen people wearing a black Vikings jersey. It had purple numbers outlined in yellow. The one I have frozen in my mind was a Randy Moss jersey worn by a gentleman at a Vikes-Chiefs game I attended in K.C. But I do believe I ahve also seen it in Minnesota. So, anyone know anything about this? My first thought was that it was an alternate jersey. But I have never seen it been worn on the field. My second thought is that it was just a fashion jersey. I have done my research and found nothing. Am I crazy or does this actually exist. Was it an actual alternate jersey?

Throughout my many years as a die-hard Vikings fan, I have seen a black Vikings jersey several times. At Vikings games (home and away) I have seen people wearing a black Vikings jersey. It had purple numbers outlined in yellow. The one I have frozen in my mind was a Randy Moss jersey worn by a gentleman at a Vikes-Chiefs game I attended in K.C. But I do believe I ahve also seen it in Minnesota. So, anyone know anything about this? My first thought was that it was an alternate jersey. But I have never seen it been worn on the field. My second thought is that it was just a fashion jersey. I have done my research and found nothing. Am I crazy or does this actually exist. Was it an actual alternate jersey?

no

never.

Yeah, they never wore these. But with Brad Childress introducing black as a color used for merchandise, apparel (sp?), etc. I would not be surprised if he ended up introducing a black alternate in the current style. I actually wouldn't mind it if they wore a black jersey one time per year.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Yeah, they never wore these. But with Brad Childress introducing black as a color used for merchandise, apparel (sp?), etc. I would not be surprised if he ended up introducing a black alternate in the current style. I actually wouldn't mind it if they wore a black jersey one time per year.

You're not serious, right? You do realize how NFL teams are structured, and that Brad Childress has no input into the marketing and merchandising departments, right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't think Chilly has any power when it comes to what color Reebok makes merchandise. If he does, he is a genius and should do that full time... making professional sports merchandise in black... what a stroke of brilliance!!!

Black would be a bad idea for a uniform. I am also a diehard Vikings fan and have thought long and hard about an "alternate" jersey for my beloved Vikes. My favorite thought would be to make the current home uniforms the alternates and go back to the classic purple uniforms full time and go back to the white jerseys with the UCLA stripes on the shoulders. And never, ever, under any circumstances, wear purple pants!!!

Don't get too down on the Vikings for their loss to Philadelphia. Two plays sent them home (they got farther than most of us figured they would).

You're not serious, right? You do realize how NFL teams are structured, and that Brad Childress has no input into the marketing and merchandising departments, right?

No, I wasn't serious, and neither is Brad Childress.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

No, I wasn't serious, and neither is Brad Childress.

I don't know, he seems to have a very serious stare when he's talking behind that play chart. Either that, or he's just always constipated.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know I recall seeing black Vikes jerseys back in high school. granted, it's goin on 10 years ago, but I saw those things a lot. The two I recall most immediately were a Moss with both the road LSU stripes and home cuffs; and a Moon with neither the LSU stripe or the cuffs.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull๐Ÿคฌ

I know I recall seeing black Vikes jerseys back in high school. granted, it's goin on 10 years ago, but I saw those things a lot. The two I recall most immediately were a Moss with both the road LSU stripes and home cuffs; and a Moon with neither the LSU stripe or the cuffs.

Yup, the black alts (and gold, not as long) have been around for quite some time now. They were as hideous then as they are now. Terrible.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

What they need to do is wear the damn purple pants again. The only time they've ever worn them was the Sunday Night game last year vs the Bears when they went all purple. I don't think they've ever worn them on the road yet.

What they need to do is wear the damn purple pants again. The only time they've ever worn them was the Sunday Night game last year vs the Bears when they went all purple. I don't think they've ever worn them on the road yet.

I remember seeing the purple pants them on the road a time or two when the uniform design first came out, but not this year.

They wore them against the Bills and the Bears on the road in the first season of the new uniforms. Also, in the preseason a few times (once against the Jets for sure). I might be forgeting another time or two.

Lose the side panels on the jerseys, lose the alternating hip panels on the pants, wear the purple pants on the road with a contrasting white w/ stripe sock... ah, I can dream, right?

The KC Chefs also have a couple of fan-based jerseys. The black jersey looks good, the gold is horrible.KCChefsBlkUni.jpg

KCChefsgoldUni.jpg

Just for fun - how about the Packers Gold uni -- :huh:

Packergolduni.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.pngย My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021ย  ย  ย  ย  ย St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)ย ย 2023 Championsย  ย  ย Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived