Nuts about the Nats

NDwas

Idk what it is, it just feels old. Like, put an elastic waistband on the pants with the sleeve striping, and turn the jersey into an V-neck, and this is what a team from the 80s wears.

I like what you did with the cleaned up logo & hats. Those are flawless.

I like how you thickened the intersection part of the loop, but the lines still quite aren't flush. It's a minor detail, but it appears to be issue you attempted to fix. The "Nationals" script, while well executed, doesn't do it for me. I find it inferior to the monument script they use currently. The throwback uniform screams Minnesota Twins. Overall, it just seems bland and generic.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I love the emphasis on the W in the primary logo, but I don't like the home script because the way it is tall and narrow it reminds me of the Orioles script. I think you should make the letters squarer and rounder like the away script. Everything else looks fantastic.

I like how you thickened the intersection part of the loop, but the lines still quite aren't flush. It's a minor detail, but it appears to be issue you attempted to fix. The "Nationals" script, while well executed, doesn't do it for me. I find it inferior to the monument script they use currently. The throwback uniform screams Minnesota Twins. Overall, it just seems bland and generic.

Exactly...because the Minnesota Twins were originally the Washington Senators.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I don't know. I think doing anything back to the old Senators days is a mistake. The look was good then, but not for the Nats now. Their current look is bad with the gold and the wordmarks, but going script to me isn't the answer. I wish I knew what the answer was, but I don't.

The throwback uniform screams Minnesota Twins.

Exactly...because the Minnesota Twins were originally the Washington Senators.

I guess I'm not convinced that relationship needs to be emphasized.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Absolutely beautiful. Not one complaint. The presentation is excellent, it's a clean, sharp, classic design, and I like the old-school feeling. That road alternate is especially nice. Really, really great. I guess you could say it's a tad plain, but it just looks like...a baseball uniform. Like your Twins and Angels concepts, these are really excellent. Wow.

scotland_fifasig.png

Beautifully done, man. I'd like to see the gold pushed a little more into the uniforms, mainly to set the Nats apart from the rest of the navy/red teams in the league. I see the relation to the old Senators, but I think the pinstriped set's gotta go. It really just looks like a Twins uniform.

• 3 weeks later...

I like what you did on the W script. Someone once talked about how the Phillies script is screwed up and showed a way to fix it. It shouldn't be that hard for teams to get right. I like the simple home and road unis as well as the "Throwback" idea.

One thing I'll have to say about baseball concets, though, is that the "alt" jersey (or as I call it the softball jersey) is getting old. Take a teams primary or secondary color, make that the jersey color and slap on the word mark. How many red or blue or black jerseys do we need to see.

Ok, baseball uniforms aren't as exciting to play with as NFL unis, I get that. But its more interesting to clean up bad elements in existing logos (like you did) and then define piping, patches, script and color coordination on a solid uniform than just slapping the Cardinal or Yankee logo on a red or navy jersey. Tell you what I'd love to see. I'd love to see more concepts using off colors. Like the Giants, they use an off white for the home unis. That would be unique to see on a few other teams.

Archived