Cavaliers Wearing "Special Edition" BLUE Throwbacks Tonight

Burning River

UG-LYYY!!!! I don't like them. Just another way to sell a jersey... I guess.

CLEVELAND, Jan. 4 - CavFanatics are a spirited bunch and in honor of their passionate interest and support of the team, and to celebrate the success of the Cavaliers official social network CavFanatic.com, the Wednesday, January 7th game vs. the Charlotte Bobcats will be dedicated to the Fanatics. The Cavaliers players will wear a special colorized adaption of this season's Hardwood Classics retro uniform for the game, and throughout the night CavFanatics in attendance will get their 15 seconds of fame.

It is also Daniel "Boobie" Gibson Bobblehead Night presented by Alltel Wireless. Every fan attending the game will receive Boobie's bobblehead, which will be dressed appropriately for the evening ? in the CavFanatic jersey.

The same design as the gold Hardwood Classics jersey that was introduced earlier this season, the "CavFanatic Blue" HWC jersey with a special CavFanatic jock tag, embraces the spirit of the social community's mantra "Stand Up. Stand Out." And that, CavFanatics do.

Since its inception in May of 2008, the new online community makes being a Cavs fan a real social event. CavFanatic.com presented by Alltel Wireless is averaging 20,000 page views and 3,000 unique visitors each day, and fans have posted over 38,000 forum messages, over 1,000 blogs, 6,000 photos, 4,000 comments and created over 80 groups on the website.

cavfanatic.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes to uniforms, the NBA is rapidly approaching minor league baseball levels. St. Patrick's jerseys! Valentine's jerseys! Hispanic jerseys! Arbitrarily honoring your fledgling, contrived, online fan community jerseys!

Apparently, the quality of play on the court hasn't been diluting the NBA brand enough to Stern's liking. Sell this stuff on the racks, but keep it off the courts.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Cavs had one of the best identities in the NBA, with their regular white homes and wine road jerseys, yet they continue to water down their image with alternates, throwbacks, and alternate-throwbacks. It's quite sad.

When it comes to uniforms, the NBA is rapidly approaching minor league baseball levels. St. Patrick's jerseys! Valentine's jerseys! Hispanic jerseys! Arbitrarily honoring your fledgling, contrived, online fan community jerseys!

Apparently, the quality of play on the court hasn't been diluting the NBA brand enough to Stern's liking. Sell this stuff on the racks, but keep it off the courts.

My sentiments exactly. At most a team should have three jerseys; home, road, and an alternate. If a team wants to pick one throwback as their alt, go for it. But that's it.

The Cavs had one of the best identities in the NBA, with their regular white homes and wine road jerseys, yet they continue to water down their image with alternates, throwbacks, and alternate-throwbacks. It's quite sad.

Exactly. That's why i've never been a proponent of alternates, thirds, or anything that will take away from the impact of your HOME and ROAD. Keep it simple, lose the extraneous fluff. Works for the Yankees.

These look like a faux-Thunder throwback.

The Thunder look like faux-Thunder throwbacks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't get this? The home gold throwback from 1970 looks awesome. Why didn't they just wear the road wine throwback from the same era? At least that wouldn't be some made up blue jersey they never wore. Epic fail!!! :cursing:

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I think these uniforms are not only a bad idea, they look horrible. They took a throwback that only featured red and gold with a logo that also only featured red and gold and they decided to make the jersey blue. That doesn't make any sense at all. I just hope that other teams don't try this, the NBA is already getting carried away with alternates and throwbacks.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived