2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Something I just remembered that bothered me about TBS' coverage of the NLCS:

90% of the time, when they showed the Philadelphia skyline shots, they weren't "live" shots - they were at least 3 or 4 years old, since the city's tallest building wasn't even included in them. That's pretty lame.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...until I saw them on pre-Fox 29 against the Phillies (yes, IIRC, the Phillies flagship at that time was 29.))

I wanna say 1984-1988 they were on 29.....? They've jumped around a lot in the last 30 years. They were on PHL17, then WTAF/WTXF29, then Philly57, then back to PHL17, then back to Philly/UPN/CW57 and back to PHL17 this year.

I loved Andy Ashby when he came up with the Phillies, and was bummed when he went to SD (don't even remember him on Colorado).

He was taken from the Phils in the Colorado/Florida expansion draft.

MLB drops the ball in playoff scheduling AGAIN!

Build a roof.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

MLB didn't have a choice. It's Fox's weekend for the NFL doubleheader. MLB's bound to their television contracts.

What would your logical decision be?

Play game 5 on Wednesday instead of Thursday.

Then have game 6 on Friday and game 7 on Saturday if necessary.

While I agree with you that there doesn't need to be an off day between Games 4 & 5, that's germaine to the situation.

The scenario is this: the game gets rained out on Saturday. The game is getting played at some point on Sunday. Figuring television logistics and the like, what would you do if you were the one making the call?

Suddenly MLB looks a lot smarter than you, eh?

MLB didn't have a choice. It's Fox's weekend for the NFL doubleheader. MLB's bound to their television contracts.

What would your logical decision be?

Play game 5 on Wednesday instead of Thursday.

Then have game 6 on Friday and game 7 on Saturday if necessary.

While I agree with you that there doesn't need to be an off day between Games 4 & 5, that's germaine to the situation.

The scenario is this: the game gets rained out on Saturday. The game is getting played at some point on Sunday. Figuring television logistics and the like, what would you do if you were the one making the call?

Suddenly MLB looks a lot smarter than you, eh?

They should have started the ALCS 2 days after the sweeps.

My ideas > MLB's :D

MLB Entertainment News: Steven Philips fired from Baseball Tonight.

This seems to have been inevitable after last week. Oh well.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Manny Acta is the new manager of the Indians. He signed a three year deal with a club option in 2013.

Manny Acta was managing the single A then Auburn Astros now Doubledays when back I was doing my radio show in Syracuse. I interviewed him a few times and he was a really good guy. None of that matters on the field of course but unless he's changed a great deal since Auburn, The Indians hired themselves a real class act.

BB52Big.jpg

I refuse to be a fan that hates one team more than he loves his own. However, as a Red Sox fan, I am, by law, not allowed to cheer for them under any circumstance beyond playoff-clinching related matters.

In any case, go Phillies.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived