2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question. Since he was traded to Philly, has there been a better pitcher in baseball than Cliff Lee?

I said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again now, we're looking at a repeat World Series champion. The Phillies have got the serious mojo right now.

BB52Big.jpg

Question. Since he was traded to Philly, has there been a better pitcher in baseball than Cliff Lee?

After starting 5-0, he struggled towards the end of the year. He was 2-4 with a ND after those first five.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After starting 5-0, he struggled towards the end of the year. He was 2-4 with a ND after those first five.

Oh, never mind.

BB52Big.jpg

Game 1 of the World Series, Yankee Stadium, everyone is watching, and Lee thinks it's a wiffle ball game out there. If you didn't watch it, check out the highlights where he's catching popups nonchalantly and fielding grounders up the middle behind the back like it's nothing. Ice cold water in the veins...

Pedro tonight vs a streaky Burnett...

Game 1 of the World Series, Yankee Stadium, everyone is watching, and Lee thinks it's a wiffle ball game out there. If you didn't watch it, check out the highlights where he's catching popups nonchalantly and fielding grounders up the middle behind the back like it's nothing. Ice cold water in the veins...

Pedro tonight vs a streaky Burnett...

That was the best quality start of the postseason by any pitcher and could possibly set the tone for the World Series. Can Pedro help the Phils go up 2-0?

How well do the Yankees fare if the opposing team scores 1st?

So far, so good. Although that was a questionable double-play call to end the inning. Also, I believe that meets my quota for controversial calls at two.

Edit: Guess the blown calls at first go both ways.

Archived