2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless I'm at the game, I am going to mute the TV and put the Benny Hill Theme Song on full blast whenever our bullpen begins to implode.

It really sucks too, they were making strides, then Blaine Boyer had to go and ruin it. It's really a damn shame that our starters almost have to be perfect and the offense has to hit lights out since the bullpen is almost guaranteed to give up 3+ runs a night. Just horrible.

It's really bad when one of these has to be made for your bullpen:

zk4l1u.png

Unless I'm at the game, I am going to mute the TV and put the Benny Hill Theme Song on full blast whenever our bullpen begins to implode.

It really sucks too, they were making strides, then Blaine Boyer had to go and ruin it. It's really a damn shame that our starters almost have to be perfect and the offense has to hit lights out since the bullpen is almost guaranteed to give up 3+ runs a night. Just horrible.

It's really bad when one of these has to be made for your bullpen:

zk4l1u.png

Sounds like the Red Sox a few years ago. Thank God they have improved over the last couple of years.

The problem is who would you bring up? Move Jo-Jo to the pen and give Hanson his starting shot?

Maybe Kris Medlen? Frankie Bueno?

Certainly not Boone Logan.

Reyes isn't even on the active roster. It's only a 4-man rotation.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

We need to just trade for some better bullpen pitchers, I cant stand Jeff Bennett, just because he has a freakin baseball size dip sticking in the side of his mouth. He is too focused on it to pitch. Calling up Hanson, and Medlen couldnt be any worse than how the bullpen is pitching now.

I hate that Nady is on the DL, because I was hoping the Braves would trade for Swisher, if he does good then there wil be no chance of that happening.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

The problem is who would you bring up? Move Jo-Jo to the pen and give Hanson his starting shot?

Jo-Jo is on the 40 man.

Correct. And I was unaware he was on his way up to fill Glavine's spot.

I choose to only watch bits and pieces of tonight's game and just like that I have no clue what's going on...

So he'll be taking the 5th rotation spot, right?

This improves the bullpen in no way.

I like how this quickly became the 2009 Atlanta Braves Season Thread. :D

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

Well, the inglorious start against the Pirates aside, St. Louis hasn't given me a lot to complain about yet. Maybe after the Cubs series this weekend.

EDIT...well OK....there is Carpenter getting put on the :censored: ing DL again :rolleyes:

<_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wonder if Jo Jo just wouldn't be better in the bullpen and bring Hanson up.

The only problem is that Jo Jo is a lefty and the Braves at least need a lefty in the rotation.

However, the bullpen is really killing the Braves right now, and we are not even 10 games in.

PS: Maybe the Braves fans should have our own thread so as not to hijack this one.

TFoA, You are the most senior CCSLC Braves fan I think....care to do the honors? :D

Jo-Jo is on the 40 man.

Correct. And I was unaware he was on his way up to fill Glavine's spot.

I choose to only watch bits and pieces of tonight's game and just like that I have no clue what's going on...

So he'll be taking the 5th rotation spot, right?

This improves the bullpen in no way.

I like how this quickly became the 2009 Atlanta Braves Season Thread. :D

It's not like the other teams really matter. When you are the official MLB team of Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Mississippi...well you have a lot of fans.

Well, the inglorious start against the Pirates aside, St. Louis hasn't given me a lot to complain about yet. Maybe after the Cubs series this weekend.

EDIT...well OK....there is Carpenter getting put on the :censored: ing DL again :rolleyes:

<_<

I think Carp is starting to reach Mark Prior level DL status. He and the DL agreed to a 3-year deal, but no terms were disclosed.

Damn shame, too, because when he's right, he's one of the best things going.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

A few years ago in Sports Illustrated the Atlanta Braves was the most popular team in Kansas, Montana, Navada, and Wyoming. It was still the most popular team in Florida, and pretty much all the other southern states that still don't have a team. Ted Turner created all that for the Braves.

A few years ago in Sports Illustrated the Atlanta Braves was the most popular team in Kansas, Montana, Navada, and Wyoming. It was still the most popular team in Florida, and pretty much all the other southern states that still don't have a team. Ted Turner created all that for the Braves.

The most ironic part of that is that they're probably a CLOSE first for most popular team in Atlanta over the Yanks, Red Sox, Mets, and Cubs. Figures that a transplant city's team is probably way more popular outside of the city. :P

And yeah, I would start an Atlanta Braves thread, but I get most of my Chop-talk done over at Braves Nation. But it is cool to see that there's a pretty big, vocal, and geographically diverse group of Braves fans on here.

The most ironic part of that is that they're probably a CLOSE first for most popular team in Atlanta over the Yanks, Red Sox, Mets, and Cubs. Figures that a transplant city's team is probably way more popular outside of the city. :P

And yeah, I would start an Atlanta Braves thread, but I get most of my Chop-talk done over at Braves Nation. But it is cool to see that there's a pretty big, vocal, and geographically diverse group of Braves fans on here.

Thanks TFoA. I know you are just as big a Braves fan as me, and since you you have been here much much longer, I figured it was only right that you be the one to do it.

If by geographically diverse you mean me, I just live in Cali because of the military. I was born and raised in Georgia, and miss it so much, especially right now knowing my dad and little brother is gonna be at the game tomorrow.

Archived